Engine Clipping issues

so I've seen some designs where you can clip a nuke engine together with a turbojet engine and a rapier, and everything works. I've had it work a few times too, but usually, i'll have it only work with one of the three engines. The rest flameout immediately.

I just tried a rapier and a turbojet on the back of a normal fuel tank, clipped them both in, tried it with one first, then the other, still flameouts on both.

what am i doing wrong?

(see the proton III space plane for example of it working) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64159-SSI-Proton-III-(Type-1A-Shuttlecraft)-Mun-Capable-Mini-VTOL-SSTO-Pic-Heavy

i've already done that, or it wouldn't let me mount one engine inside the other. Notice on my first post where I said: "clipped them both in,"

Sorry about that, best I can tell you then (At least with out a pic) is that you don't have enough intake air, but I'm assuming you are using adequate intakes. When the flameouts happen try clicking each engine to see if it is deprived of a particular resource. You might need to run fuel lines to the engines.

it's not flameout from intake air, I have like 12 intakes on this jet. it's fuel flameout. and i'm not sure why. I'm sure it's due to clipping, but I don't know how to do it differently.

someone needs to put up an actual "this is how you clip stuff together and have it still work" video

Edit: also, this on the pad that it happens

Edited by SHaFT7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.