Did you ever get a female kerbonaut?

Commissioner Tadpole

Everyone comments about weird or funny Kerbal names, such as Billy-Bobdorf, Munman and Kerbin Kerman, but did the name generator give you a female kerbal, or at least a kerbal with a name that sounds female?

I did once, her name was Anmy Kerman. So close! :)

Unfortunately, she, alongside Duna Base One, were wiped out in my Great Restart of KSP. ;.;

Squad has said many times that Kerbals are genderless. You are free to interpret some of the randomly generated names as feminine, and you can even edit your saves and give them female names if you want, but officially, they are neither male nor female.

And as hard as it may be to believe, this subject has started some of the forum's nastiest arguments and is actually listed as a forbidden subject to suggest implementing in the game, so let's please be careful about keeping this discussion from derailing.

And as hard as it may be to believe, this subject has started some of the forum's nastiest arguments and is actually listed as a forbidden subject to suggest implementing in the game, so let's please be careful about keeping this discussion from derailing.

I remember those days...

The instance they are genderless seemed to provoke an awful lot of heated feelings too.

Can't we just leave the topic, so we can live in hope that they will make them some day?

If I recall, more recently they said they simply weren't quite sure yet how they'd go about it.

Female kerbonaut?:confused: Can you share a screenshot?

its just the name brah. kerbals have no different sexes, theres no need for it. they poof into spores when they die, thats how i like to think they reproduce.

Squad has said many times that Kerbals are genderless. You are free to interpret some of the randomly generated names as feminine, and you can even edit your saves and give them female names if you want, but officially, they are neither male nor female.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I was just commenting about the names.

Really? Oh, whoopsie. Well, looks like we're driving a truck with an instable bomb, then. :sealed:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.