KRF Formula K World Championship

NQMT

1. randomness5555, since you have a good reason, you can create a brand new car for races 2-9.

Wow. That's (sniff) real nice guys. OK. I am going to rebuild and return to the tournament. As a BTW, where are the other races from? Are they from the last grand Prix? Anyway, I might use them for testing.

Update 1:

PRESENTING:

The new BWRC MK4!

CkkcEx3.png

Update 2:

AGGHHH.

I cannot believe my luck. I finally finish a lap (after about a MILLION crashes) and guess what. Beacuse the mod folder came with a bunch of tracks, I delete them to find mine. I then do this too quickly and delete my route screenshot. GRAAAHHH.

Anyways, I've got the other two screenshots and the time was 2.38 (had to beat 1.35 so failed there) but you'll just have to trust me that I got that time.

1Rpz9PZ.png

And the end

qVhZ1D7.png

Edited by randomness5555

Try docking mode, see if that works. I always lock the surfaces AND go to docking mode, as a precaution.

Also, try deactivating EVERYTHING about the control surfaces.

Deactivating everything was the first thing I tried yesterday and it never did anything. In fact, when I go back to the editor, they're set to active again. It's as if it's a feature that isn't working yet.

Docking mode fixed it though. Thanks!

Edited by vger

Update: HORRIBLE THINGS HAPPENED (We've been having lots of power cuts recently) and I lost my F1 save(Corrupted. Damn.) . And owing to not backing up the craft's I've lost my car. ...

There are many nice car contenders. Might racers be willing to share and post the craft files for their racers (easy and anonymous @ pastebin.com)? A "backup" on the forums, could have saved this calamity :D .

my craft(s) are linked to on their submission posts

I could always setup a GitHub repository and add you all to it. That way we could share craft files and update them anytime with everyone having access to the files for testing purposes. For that, I could use my seasonal repository with mod and plugin files, so once you sign up to it, it will always keep you up to date with latest rules and leagues.

I got confirmation that we can use AviationLights mod in the package. THough it will only require you to add specified rear stop lights and probably little else in Formula K cars, it will be mandatory for future Truck, Baja and KerrBull leagues (spoiler alert) as well as potential Motorboating leagues once I figure outt some inherent technological obstacles.

I will post you some pictures from Teide and Canaries next week, when I get back home and can upload things to my imageshack account. (I didnt get their premium subscription for nothing after all :) im on a tablet right now)

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

I got confirmation that we can use AviationLights mod in the package. THough it will only require you to add specified rear stop lights and probably little else in Formula K cars, it will be mandatory for future Truck, Baja and KerrBull leagues (spoiler alert) as well as potential Motorboating leagues once I figure outt some inherent technological obstacles.

Whoa whoa whoa-Boat racing?! That could be awsome...But you'd need to make some marker bouy's or the track would probably just be on flat water. Also-are those other ones going to be off road races? That could also be cool, and I presume they would take place near the KSC right?

(Also, Mun Race. Just an Idea)

Boat racing is just a concept a the moment. I dont think it will get of the ground any time soon. But you can expect more leagues to open soon. We cant open another Formula K straight away after this season is over, so the new stuff will serve as filler while we open season 2 of the GP.

It will all take place on Kerbin though. Everyone is welcome to suggest potential locations we can use around the home planet for rally leagues. Dont worry about specific layouts for now, just neat locations would be nice.

Also, we will eventually expand into The 3rd Dimension with the KerrBull League, in more ways than one :-)

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

We're not calling it KerrBull, by the way. I hate the Formula One team, so no. Sorry.

Other planets is too much of a hassle. Keeping it on Kerbin is so much simpler.

AviationLights will be mandatory, not so much as brake lights but flashing rear lights. Usually used for wet weather, now used because they look cool.

Brake lights will not be mandatory for Formula K.

Boats: not soon.

Rally: once Formula K S1 is finished, this and a few others will be opened. One by GROOV3ST3R, one by me. (Maybe)

Trucks: definite yes. Kerbals love big things that have a chance of exploding.

NEWS: I'm thinking: Karts, micro trike racing, racecross (like rallycross but instead of dirt and tarmac, AIR and tarmac.

Other planets is too much of a hassle. Keeping it on Kerbin is so much simpler.

You only need to get the rover to the other planet once though. Land, keep the rover docked. Logout. Log back in, resume the game, teleport to your lander. After running a lap, revert to 'launch.' Instead of taking you to the launchpad, it'll take you to your landing site where you can just deploy the rover again.

I've been doing this already on the current track so I waste less time between runs.

You only need to get the rover to the other planet once though. Land, keep the rover docked. Logout. Log back in, resume the game, teleport to your lander. After running a lap, revert to 'launch.' Instead of taking you to the launchpad, it'll take you to your landing site where you can just deploy the rover again.

I've been doing this already on the current track so I waste less time between runs.

...or hyperedit there ( http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/hyperedit/ ).

The KerrBull League originally has nothing to do with cars. It was meant to be a plane racing league. It can expand to stunt racing, motocross and obstacle runs later on with vehicles. But at its core, it would be a plane racing league.

Don't know what you have against RedBull team since they are one of the best teams in F1. Preferences and tastes I guess. Though the design rules for F1 cars are flying in the face of aesthetics and aerodynamics... 2014 Will be one hell of an ugly season.

If not KerrBull, then what shjould it be called? Aeris-I Aerobatics? Thats sort of the best I can come up with, since I forgot the name of the tournament in DreamWorks Planes movie.

Regardless, there are no planned extra terrestrial tournaments any time soon. You will have enough challenges to deal with on Kerbin alone. Having to transport your vehicle of choice to another celestial body seems like an incredible waste of resources and time.

Also, as much as brake lights will not be required on Formula K cars, they will be mandatory on trucks and buggies as well as possible touring cars or nas-cars. Basically any future league vehicle which will be classed as Road Legal.

Karting, thats probably the whackiest and most fun league there is :) strap a seat to some cubic struts and put on some small rover wheels and you have a bona fide death trap xD

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

1. I hate Red Bull because a) they make F1 less exciting by winning everything and B) Sebastian Vettel.

2. Kerbin Air Race? Like Red Bull Air Race but without the Red Bull.

3. No NASCAR, probably touring cars. Maybe LMPs as well.

4. Karting will have those teeny weeny rover wheels.

5. F1 this year is gorgeous in Sauber's and Force India's case, and horrendous because of Toro Rosso.

Randomness, try lowering your graphics settings. If that doesn't work, hide all unnecessary lines in persistent trails and remove all crafts except your car from space center. You can also change your physics delta time see if that helps. What's your computer like anyway? Chances are its running lots of stuff in the background which lowers your overall performance.

Based on the initial post, I wouldn't see why we couldn't. Nothing about AviationLights gives an 'unfair advantage.' Unless looking cooler than all the other cars factors into the score.

When money and road laws aren't an issue in a virtual world... ALWAYS trick out your ride. :cool:

flashy.gif

Time: 1:50.

I too was wondering about possible lag issues. I can't imagine what other drivers are doing that I'm not and could actually shave off a whole 15 seconds from the time. I tried a LOT of different configurations. With or without spoilers. With only the front. With only the back. RCS tank in the center. Thrusters in front. Thrusters in back. Straight wheels, cambered wheels. Differing chassis. None of it made a difference of more than 2 seconds at best.

carStart.jpg

carEnd.jpg

carRolled.jpg

course.jpg

Edited by vger

After this Formula K is done, or not, you should start a Drag Racing Tournament. It'd produce some VERY fast cars out of the fanbase I'd imagine, since you only have to go in a straight line. I would make one of the rules is that you can't come off the ground.

I LOVE all the designs you gents, and possible lady gents, have come up with. Very interesting designs and the tracks are tricky. I tried copying the same path with my Exploration Rover and kept crashing at high speeds.

Good work, very cool race series and awesome cars and times.

KSP needs gas motors and such for rovers. Anyone know if there's a mod? Those would be sweet...

AwesumnisRawr188, the reason we're not doing drag racing is because of the fact that it's only a straight line. With Formula K it's both driver skill and car design.