Veto Aerospace Leviathan Aircraft Carrier

The Leviathan can be safely described, even in front of its engineers, as a big wing with a runway on it. However, it is a huge improvement over the comparitively tiny Softwhale, since it can actually go straight. The Leviathan carries a Seahawk-type interceptor. Whilst this is certainly not an improvement over the Softwhale\'s Softwing-type, it is light enough to be carried by a simple stock decoupler, and as such no aircraft part-carrying trucks were driven that day.

It generates such a massive amount of lift what it needs only two sets of pontoons, with some skids on either side to facilitate dry landings and keep stability in water.

wb8qr.png

Veto Aerospace claims no responsibility over the misplaced heavy aileron having broken off one of the large detachable wings and landed on the deck.

MSJld.jpg

And the best part for me... the plane takes off.

C7

C7 Experimental

C7 Hardpoints

HSTW Skids

NovaPunch

Project Firelark

JellyCube\'s Weapons Pack.

I almost managed to land the plane back on the ship. I made the carrier go a lot faster than normal because previously the interceptor was too fast.

C7

C7 Experimental

C7 Hardpoints

HSTW Skids

NovaPunch

Project Firelark

I almost managed to land the plane back on the ship. I made the carrier go a lot faster than normal because previously the interceptor was too fast.

cool

Nice! I love the design. You should see my current project, I will be taking a video of it soon. But for now, heres a picture.

I love the differences in our designs though, gives me a lot to think about :)

This craft though, I am trying to figure out a way to make a control tower similar to aircraft carriers IRL. Its also still too short for my liking :)

Nice! I love the design. You should see my current project, I will be taking a video of it soon. But for now, heres a picture.

This craft though, I am trying to figure out a way to make a control tower similar to aircraft carriers IRL. Its also still too short for my liking :)

Ouch, good luck having the control tower off to one side. You will have to get some super heavy parts to compensate.

Also, I want you guys to record yourselves shooting down one of these with either a missile or a railgun.

your kerbals look pretty happy ;D

Ouch, good luck having the control tower off to one side. You will have to get some super heavy parts to compensate.

Also, I want you guys to record yourselves shooting down one of these with either a missile or a railgun.

I think that the compensation parts will only need to be on for the duration of the flight, after I am in the sea, it should be fine, although I may end up going in big circles :L

The plane that I have on the ship in the above picture is actually a dive bomber, and I made it specifically for bombing a carrier, so I think I will be blowing it up soon :)

The problem with hitting them though, is its damn hard to aim in this game :L

your kerbals look pretty happy ;D

Yeah, they dont like landing on a moving ship :P

C7

C7 Experimental

C7 Hardpoints

HSTW Skids

NovaPunch

Project Firelark

What\'s HSTW?

Actually, I just don\'t think its good enough yet. Takeoff is still difficult and the centre section of the deck wobbles all over the place.

The way I found was best to stop the wobble, was to put fuel tanks or similar in as wedges, This at least stops them swinging down, The only problem is that the lift factor causes the winglets to want to rise :/ Thats why the modified deck parts I did have no lift.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.