[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Back to your issue, how many mods have you installed? Usually the disappearing parts thing has to do with to much stuff in the RAM as a result of too many part mods. Yes, the Phase I worked perfectly with everything, but Phase II added several more parts, and thus more load on your RAM.

I'm also disappointed at everyone else for not picking up on Adam's issue. Remember people, RAM!

Anyway, Adam, delete the other mods and see if KSO parts show up.

Didn't think disappearing parts had to do with RAM, I thought the texture issue was the RAM thing?

Maybe I want to dock with a standard docking port?!

Also, why the hell does everything have reaction wheels that barely work?! It's stupid!

Way to encourage further development, Tangle. I've got issues too but I'm not trashing the authors and their efforts.

I've found the RW's to be quite capable so far.

Sorry, just kind of angry. Also, to helldiver: sorry, and I really want to be able to carry a hab module in the cargo bay.

You should be able to; use an OA-D12 and put a small docking port on it. The Habitat with standard docking ports should fit just fine.

Dock, put your Hab in place, and fly back down. Next time you go up take an OA-D24.

Yeah, I figured that out. Resolute, if it can be avoided, will not use that config again. Mostly because I'm a sucker for the space shuttle docking thing.

EDIT: It doesn't work.

Edited by Tangle

Didn't think disappearing parts had to do with RAM, I thought the texture issue was the RAM thing?

No, it does not. People are overcomplicating Adam's issue. low RAM is more likely to cause a crash than anything else. It won't cause anything to not appear.

If parts aren't appearing (and given that it works for other people) then he's either:

• installed it incorrectly. (he explicitly mentioned earlier having copied the Gamedata folder from the zip to the Gamedata folder. Assuming he did not misword that then he just said what he's doing wrong right there)
  • In career mode and has not unlocked them.

You should be able to; use an OA-D12 and put a small docking port on it. The Habitat with standard docking ports should fit just fine.

Dock, put your Hab in place, and fly back down. Next time you go up take an OA-D24.

Tangle - this is exactly what I did. Works fine. If you don't dock to deploy the station module, just be careful backing the KOS away from the station module that you carried uphill. Don't ask how I know. :wink:

Interesting observations. One thing to remember is that MechJeb is going to give you a better launch than my basic guide.

I think right now the KSO itself is balanced to a 75-80km orbit, maybe as far out as a 100km for the average operation using the Thrustmax. Did you switch to the OMS engines after achieving circularization?

I had similar issues I brought up to Naz as well as reports from Westi. My report was mostly having to do with my own pilot error and eccentric orbits. We'll do more tests and keep in mind that like the KSO, it can be a while for us to get the numbers spot on.

I figured that, I just wanted to try flying her on the recommended launch trajectory to rule out any issues that might have been caused with MechJeb's default flight profile.

And yup, I did switch to the OMS. At MECO I jettisoned the ET, gently thrusted away with RCS and then lit the OMS. MECO occurred at ~63km for the MJ launch with the extra fuel payload. Maybe I'm treating the KSO too much like the STS? I found that if I continue to burn the SSME's off the KSO's internal fuel supply (after the ET runs dry, something the STS couldn't do), I can make apoapsis at 75km and then fire the OMS for an orbital insertion burn. However at MECO with that payload I can't make orbit with the OMS alone as the ET runs dry way too early and apoapsis is only about 30 seconds ahead of me; i.e. not enough time for the OMS to burn to boost the apoapsis to 75km.

On a semi-related note, I was able to get an empty KSO Phase I up to an orbit of 250 km yesterday to re-supply my interplanetary ship. She came down with vapor in the tanks, but by Jeb is this craft fun to fly. :)

Edited by Jason Cox

Tangle - this is exactly what I did. Works fine. If you don't dock to deploy the station module, just be careful backing the KOS away from the station module that you carried uphill. Don't ask how I know. :wink:
Did that. Doesn't fit. Docking port is blocked by the edge of the cargo bay.

okay ... finished my first mission to deploy a satelite in LKO ... and hellfiver you did an amzing job ! most of teh time i was flying th KSO from Jebs point of view in the left front seat. it was so much fun, even the landing ... in ma desert :D

and empty KSO is a good lifting body. i was surprised how long the reentry was and how long i could glide.

No, it does not. People are overcomplicating Adam's issue. low RAM is more likely to cause a crash than anything else. It won't cause anything to not appear.

If parts aren't appearing (and given that it works for other people) then he's either:

• installed it incorrectly. (he explicitly mentioned earlier having copied the Gamedata folder from the zip to the Gamedata folder. Assuming he did not misword that then he just said what he's doing wrong right there)
  • In career mode and has not unlocked them.

Then how am I supposed to download it. I thought you just had to extract and then copy the game data file.

Maybe I'm treating the KSO too much like the STS?

There you go!

And giving the basic KSO stock EFT enough fuel to get to a 200km orbit with payload isn't planned.

Lovely image

Outdated version (Block 6 or earlier?) of KSO Orbiter identified. :D

(either that or you downloaded an outdated kerbin_orbiter.tga Blank texture, double check that you're downloading v2.04 of the Alternate Names pack.)

Edited by helldiver

Will the octagon docking port work with your standard one?

All docking ports (included in this pack) are compatible with one another. We did this as a measure to make things easier and simpler for all users :D

Then how am I supposed to download it. I thought you just had to extract and then copy the game data file.

When I copied the Gamedata folder in the Gamedata folder by mistake when I did a clean install of KSP I had some parts not show up either. You have to copy the folders inside the Gamedata folder to the Gamedata folder of your KSP install. Hope that helped.

First off Love the new parts GREAT JOB but have 1 little problem the laptops are getting a error bad redirect but the Monitor work ever where else ?

EDIT do, I need to install Hyomoto, Customized Raster Prop Monitor screens ?

EDIT 2 My bad, I didn't read the menu it say's letters not #

Edited by Mecripp2

First off Love the new parts GREAT JOB but have 1 little problem the laptops are getting a error bad redirect but the Monitor work ever where else ?

This is in the bug tracker. Hit Menu on your laptop, does it return you to the main menu?

Please report back when you can.

Outdated version (Block 6 or earlier?) of KSO Orbiter identified. :D

(either that or you downloaded an outdated kerbin_orbiter.tga Blank texture, double check that you're downloading v2.04 of the Alternate Names pack.)

Ha, thanks. It's not a recent screenshot, I'll admit, but I felt it debunks the idea you can't dock with anything in the hold just as well as a phase 2 KSO would.

Yes it does and if, I go back to error, I can use a,e,d,c,b to get to things and no error on screen.

EDIT didn't hit them before, I asked.

Are you using the top row numbers instead of the numpad? I had the same happen.

Are you using the top row numbers instead of the numpad? I had the same happen.

Yes it was my bad,and yes I was, I didn't read the top of the laptop lol it shows the the letters.

EDIT sorry Helldiver your all GOOD. :D

Edited by Mecripp2