[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I suppose that it's the only mod which could actually endorse running it in 64bit instead of 32bit. :) Memory hog, doesn't work with FAR (hence it being locked it's a concern) and doesn't use any 64bit-locked plugins.

No idea where it's from, but I spot the Saturn V's first stage (relabeled as the "Omega 5"). What that means is anyone's guess. :confused:

If you guys want it, you'll have to work on it since Helldiver and I are working on other things for a while. That stuff should be getting more attention after December 19, which will definitely restrict what time is available for other things.

Where is that thing from? :)

I have found out where the picture came from a website of scratch built models. (I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not since it's not my website) but I googled "scratch built Omega V" it's the 2nd link with photography in the results. I Still Love the Mini Shuttle even if I can't land it in a single piece yet :wink:

Edited by Turk_WLF

Where is that thing from? :)

It's a kitbash and very good photoshop job made by a user called "apollosaturn" on the Space 1999: Eagle Transporter forums. I think it's got a Revel Saturn V S-II stage, maybe the thrust structure of the S-IC and F-1s from the same kit, and maybe an Ariane 1 and Ariane 5 kit.

http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6601.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I just upgraded to 0.25 after re building my PC and with the KSO installed KSP crashes on load I have the ATM installed and have tried running in opengl and well and still the same issue, I do get the firespitter error when loading but sounds like thats not the issue, any one have any advice or tips, very much miss having the shuttle in game.

Do you have a mod list? It would be good to know what you've got, even if it didn't crash your game before the update. I personally use Texture Replacer instead of ATM, it has its own texture compression and I think it may be a bit better (in addition to doing texture replacement stuff, like the skybox). Also, any logs from the crash reports would be nice to have.

NftXS8V.png

Why does this happen? I installed the KSO mod with the included files, however, my game kept crashing on load, so then I installed Texture Replacer, and it booted up. But as soon as the VAB loaded, all parts on the KSO super 25 were white, seemingly untextured. When I try to fly this untextured shuttle, the nose landing gear "teleports" open whenever I load a scene or turn on the gear. I am running mac OS X yosemite. Am I doing something wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/NftXS8V.png

Why does this happen? I installed the KSO mod with the included files, however, my game kept crashing on load, so then I installed Texture Replacer, and it booted up. But as soon as the VAB loaded, all parts on the KSO super 25 were white, seemingly untextured. When I try to fly this untextured shuttle, the nose landing gear "teleports" open whenever I load a scene or turn on the gear. I am running mac OS X yosemite. Am I doing something wrong?

Am I the only one that thinks that kinda looks cool?

tweakscale

module manager

ATM

realchutes

infernal robotics

mechjeb

chatterer

kas

docking port alignment indicator

procedural fairings

fuzebox

toolbar

crew manifest

slect root

tweakable everything

I dont have a crash report at the momment ill try to get one, I will also try the other texture manager as well.

**update with the new texture manager it loaded no problem**

Edited by H0LLYW00D

http://i.imgur.com/NftXS8V.png

A full mod list would be appreciated, I had this problem myself but I don't remember what I did to solve it. Make sure all the plugins are up to date (esp. Firespitter, since the version bundled with the KSO isn't completely up to date) I think it may be an issue with HotRockets because for some reason that plugin has been problematic for KSO in 0.25.

-snip-

**update with the new texture manager it loaded no problem**

Cool. :D I know ATM has been somewhat troublesome recently so I'm glad and not too surprised that fixed it.

Is anyone using KSO with the Deadly Reentry Beta? I'm having an issue where the nose cone and anything inside the cargo bay burns up but the rest of the blk9 is fine and the ablative shielding is reduced. I was thinking about removing DREC, but thought I would ask before I go that far.

(no I do not have FAR installed)

Is anyone using KSO with the Deadly Reentry Beta? I'm having an issue where the nose cone and anything inside the cargo bay burns up but the rest of the blk9 is fine and the ablative shielding is reduced. I was thinking about removing DREC, but thought I would ask before I go that far.

(no I do not have FAR installed)

Try the configs here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php?p=1493238#post1493238

Caveat: I haven't used KSO in awhile; it's not installed in my DREC testing environment. There hasn't been anything TOO drastic in the beta that would affect the KSO configs.

The cargo bay is problematic, especially the KSO25 with or without FAR. By itself, DRE has to rely on raycasting from the center of each payload part along the flightpath and if it hits something then it treats that part as shielded. The raycast tends to fail if the origin point lies inside the collider for the thing it needs to detect.

I've had issues with the landing gears for both the KSO and KSO/EWBCL ... they are stuck locked down, and I can't find any triggers to raise them, neither with the UI nor the G key... Any ideas what could cause the issue?

I'm on Linux 64 bits, nothing out of the ordinary is installed...

Just for the records, all the other animations and triggers work flawlessly (ladders, cargo bays, etc.)

Edited by Cairan

Im having trouble getting into a near circular orbit with both the block 4 and 9 shuttles. Also I have to ditch the ET (external tank)in the middle of my circularization burn which is not right? Dont the real shuttles jettison tank before circularization burn? According to the PDF manual im suppose to have cut off my engines after 75-80 km and coast to circularize. Im trying to do a text book approach in getting into orbit by following the guide, but not getting into a great orbit. I think the culprit is the ET (too much weight?) is burdening the craft during the circularization burn. Ive had really awful orbits such as 80km/1MM <----thats megameters! And even a few dont even make it to orbit as the Pe will sink me back down to 40km. So my focus is to get into either a KSO approved circular orbit using 2 burns , or the real life space shuttle way by using the 1 burn method. Tips and tutorials are welcome :)

@Virualgenious , here is my ascent profile

1. pitch back 15 degrees at 1000 meters so that the 3 SMO's are perpendicular to the ground

2. at 14,000 (not super sure , not at a real computer this weekend to find out) the boosters run out

3. after booster sep I tilt back to full 45 pitch to engage "orbit turn"

4. continue to burn untill potential Ap reaches 80km

5. At this point the ET has about 700-1000 units of fuel left

6. coast

7. burn

8. in the middle of the delta meter is when the ET tank runs dry

9. SMO engines cut ,tank jettison, SMO 0 trim , then back to engines full throttle

10. burning the last half of delta required , but then the orbital trajectory is growing elliptical rather than circular

MM I think your starting your turn to early what i do is if i want to get to a 100km orbit i start turn at 10km at an angle of 57 degrees my boosters seperate at 16000 i shut the main engines down at 72km and coast jetison main tank start to burn to circular orbit at 98km usually in orbit around 100 to 101 km its probably all wrong but it works for me