[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Do someone having trouble with EWBCL reentry? I'm tryng to understand if there's a problem with NEAR...

I do a quite normal reentry (exeption for battery depletation and a rudder in flame) until I descent under 8000m at less than 400m\s; in proximity of the runaway I reactivate SAS to get stability but i get an incredible acceleration over 1000m\s (engines were off!!!) and I can't land... Everytime I try I get this effect.

I also use: NEAR 1.3, Deadly Reentry v6.2.1, Trajectories v0.4.1.0, Firesplitter latest hotfix and B9.

ferram4 answered me..

That is because KSO is not set up to be NEAR / FAR-compatible. This is a problem on their end, nothing I can do about it.
Edited by stardestroyer

Do someone having trouble with EWBCL reentry? I'm tryng to understand if there's a problem with NEAR...

I do a quite normal reentry (exeption for battery depletation and a rudder in flame) until I descent under 8000m at less than 400m\s; in proximity of the runaway I reactivate SAS to get stability but i get an incredible acceleration over 1000m\s (engines were off!!!) and I can't land... Everytime I try I get this effect.

I also use: NEAR 1.3, Deadly Reentry v6.2.1, Trajectories v0.4.1.0, Firesplitter latest hotfix and B9.

ferram4 answered me..

The KSO does not support FAR or NEAR out of the box. Nor does it support DRE fully out of the box. There are user patches out there for DRE, but I am unsure about FAR/NEAR.

So I'd appreciate it if everyone that uses KSOS with FAR/DRE/NEAR/etc if they'd take a look at a blog entry I've posted here. I just did a quick search for "config" and those are the only patches I found after scanning about ten pages of results. I've added a source link and the author's name to them (if absent) so they can be traced. Please provide feedback on these patches, supply your own for others to review, point out others I may have missed, suggest improvements, and try to come to a consensus on what works, etc. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'll probably work on assembling a community thread for all utilities and expansions over the next few days. If you want to submit something for that thread, send me a PM. Link will go up here whenever that thread is completed. If you don't mind, I'll also post those configs you found on the new thread, Freeman. That way we can keep info more up-to-date and feedback should be a little easier to manage.

I'll probably work on assembling a community thread for all utilities and expansions over the next few days. If you want to submit something for that thread, send me a PM. Link will go up here whenever that thread is completed. If you don't mind, I'll also post those configs you found on the new thread, Freeman. That way we can keep info more up-to-date and feedback should be a little easier to manage.

Please feel free. I just want feedback on them so we know whether to include them or modify them, etc. Also, just realized you can forget about the small FAR patch I pasted in there by me (the one for cargo bays). Those changes are included in the other two patches.

IS the power station module supposed to create power or is it just a power storage device with the propellant etc. included? I kept running out of power and had to send a reactor and generator up to it, so I was curious if it is working properly or not.

What settings effect the rendering of the shuttle cabins I can see the monitor screens but all other markings are blurry. I don't recall this being the case before not sure if i have a corrupted file or if I have a setting that effects the shuttle cabins only off. I loaded the alcor pod and a few others and they all render beautifully any thoughts?

KSP crashes with KSO installed. Just to be sure it wasn't any other mods causing the issue, I did a clean install of KSP 0.25 and installed KSO. The game crashes before the main menu can load. Running the x86 build, as the x64 is just too unstable. Included are the error log and output log. If there's anything else required to help diagnose the issue, just let me know.

error.log

output_log.txt

KSP crashes with KSO installed. Just to be sure it wasn't any other mods causing the issue, I did a clean install of KSP 0.25 and installed KSO. The game crashes before the main menu can load. Running the x86 build, as the x64 is just too unstable. Included are the error log and output log. If there's anything else required to help diagnose the issue, just let me know.

error.log

output_log.txt

i would say Memory problems

add this if you dont alredy have it

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-25-Release-3-8-Oct-16-2014-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM!

if you do have it try with the force Opengl trick

Yeah, I'd also guess you're running out of RAM for KSP. If you didn't know, KSOS is a veeeeeery RAM-heavy mod. Definitely check out the OpenGL trick, it makes KSP behave a little funky in my experience but allows you to use a lot more mods without using the mess that is 64-bit on Windows.

Also, a preview of some of the graphics going onto the Community Expansion Thread.

P7ndZB9.pngvdHYP68.png?2

I'm probably going to change the arrangement around and clean up the design a tad, but hey, there's something in the works!

Edited by OrbitusII

Hello I am using KSO and have for a long time, and I noticed whenever I stage my SRBs the entire ship exploded and dissapears. .. Why is this? Does anyone know?

Your separation motors probably burned the EFT and destroyed it. It has to be pretty hot already for that to occur. If your tank/orbiter are anywhere near ambient then there's no way that can happen. So you probably also have Deadly Reentry installed?

If so then you have extra heat picked up from going supersonic. If that's the case try keeping your speed down in the lower atmosphere.

Finally, think about repositioning the sepratrons. I like placing those up at the top of the SRB on the frustum so that they're pointed at an angle, (pointed up and in)

They'll still hit the rest of the ship but they won't be pointed at it for as long.

I really want to use this mod. But no matter what I do I cant get it to work! Halp!

I want you to realize how unhelpful that sentence is in aiding us to diagnose your problem.... We are not mind readers. We need more information. Logs, any errors that pop up, what version of KSP, what other mods you have, stuff like that...

Haha my bad had to rush while making that sentence. The game does not give me any info on why it is crashing. I have tried to use it on .25 and .24.2. No errors pop up, I have tried with the Auto installer and have tried it manually. When I try to load up the game it does one of two things, loads half way and than closes KSP, or it gets in all the way and no parts show up.

Sorry for being unclear the first time.