[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Does this mean you can achieve orbit on real solar system? I'd be interested to try this out, if it's not frowned upon reckon you could post your altered configs on here (with obvious acknowledgement of the mods author). I was also thinking that it would need some kind of acception for real fuels, i.e. The ET containing Liquid H2 and Liquid 02. This wouldn't be to hard to do in the config, I've done it before for unsupported engines.

In the interest of keeping the thread on topic, I would rather keep discussions relevant to the current version, config fixes for mod compatibility (such as FAR, DRE, etcetera), issues relevant to the current distribution (problems with the plugins the KSO uses) and so on. How you're using the KSO is very important to me as well, as that is the information I need to make improvements and fixes. An example of that is the improved cargo bay and the nosecone that can be opened. Which were additions made after I saw how players are using the KSO. The KSO Super 25 which will be made eventually is also along the same lines to answer the request for a larger KSO.

It's becoming hard enough for me to track and report to Nazari legitimate bugs with our build as opposed to player induced bugs do to having customizations or mods we didn't intend. And then you have me also posting updates on the various phases and plans and it'll become a mess.

Please take discussions on personalizing your installation of the KSO to private chat.

We however, welcome discussion on custom configurations (meaning editing CFG files) that:

-Improve the functionality of the current version of the KSOS to make it more user friendly.

-Fix bugs.

-Improve compatibility with other mods such as FAR, DRE, MechJeb etcetera.

As well as discussions such as:

-How you're using the shuttle?

-What things you'd like to see that fit the style, theme, and scope of the KSOS?

Discussions asking how to change its size, rescaling it, cutting pieces off, moving or removing internals, are outside the scope of this thread. That goes for other mods as well (such as rescaling a part to fit the KSO). Either ask in that mod's thread or I believe there is a mod development sub-forum which would probably be a lot more suitable.

And again thank you guys so much for the enthusiasm and support and for understanding. Dying to get Phase II out of the way.

http://blackleg.org/kerbal/RenameADI.png

http://blackleg.org/kerbal/FailHUD.png

I can't see HUD and ADI in Linux.

I test to reinstall the mod and continue the problem.

:blush:

Linux, not iMac right?

Thank you for reporting it. I thought this issue was isolated to iMacs... hrm..

Once I get Phase II out of the way I'm going to work on RPM thoroughly. My apologies for not revisiting them as I've been marathoning Phase II to completion.

In the meantime, you can turn off the HUD by clicking on the power button as well as using the PFD instead of the ADI display.

After A LOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR here is where to burn using main and OMS engines over Kerbin to get near KSP:

KSPKSO.jpg

Then reduce your orbit to the 'target' point shown in the instruction manual, use mechjeb to keep a 20 degree angle of attack.

This will get you sort of near it, use OMS engines to burn a little to push you to KSP if required.

Linux, not iMac right?

Thank you for reporting it. I thought this issue was isolated to iMacs... hrm..

Once I get Phase II out of the way I'm going to work on RPM thoroughly. My apologies for not revisiting them as I've been marathoning Phase II to completion.

In the meantime, you can turn off the HUD by clicking on the power button as well as using the PFD instead of the ADI display.

Squad, hire this man.

Mac OSX is usually configured to be case-insensitive. I think a path structure bug is more likely.

The actual pictures in the mod's folder have black HUD features as well. It might be in the pictures themselves? (I know nothing about coding)

The Thirteenth of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Ninth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 113's objectives are to complete KSO Space Station Construction Phase V by deploying and installing the KSO Fuel Module #2, which can store 4,000 units each of liquid fuel and oxidizer, and then return to the KSC runway. The tanks will then be filled by an unspoken of and unheralded rocket. The KSO Space Station will contain three additional planned modules, which will be brought up in the next KSO shuttle missions. Upon completion, the KSO Space Station will hold 14 Kerbals, two green houses, one telescope, a single-kerbal science lab, and over 8,000 units each of liquid fuel and oxidizer.

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing.

STS 114 will bring up and install Habitat Module #2.

The actual pictures in the mod's folder have black HUD features as well. It might be in the pictures themselves? (I know nothing about coding)

The HUD images in the RPM/Ghost folder should be bright green with a transparent background. I'm not sure what about linux or Mac would change that, but maybe they can be fixed in an image editor instead of something having to be changed with RPM.

Hey, Helldiver, quick request. Any chance of getting the 'Mystery Goo Lights' in some other colors? I'd love to have a nice cool blue color, as well as a pure white one, in all of the current shapes of course. :)

Now, back to KSP, lol. :D

They were kind of a quick job. I plan to separate them into their own resource which will enable folks to make various colors.

After A LOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR here is where to burn using main and OMS engines over Kerbin to get near KSP:

Then reduce your orbit to the 'target' point shown in the instruction manual, use mechjeb to keep a 20 degree angle of attack.

This will get you sort of near it, use OMS engines to burn a little to push you to KSP if required.

http://i.imgur.com/puWich1.jpg

It is below the flight deck facing forward. In front of the galley/food storage is the nose gear well. The IVA is also mechanically correct to the rest of the shuttle including exterior geometry. So as you can see it really isn't a "mini" shuttle when compared to Kerbals. In fact going by those dimensions in Human equivalent you're looking at a 767 or 777 flight deck in terms of relative size..

When I saw this, I thought, "That can't be the right scale." Amazed to see that in game it totally is. Even more impressed with this mod's careful design, and you've made me reevaluate just how tiny those little Kerbals are.

The Fourteenth of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and Tenth Flight of the Tenacious! STS 114's objectives are to complete KSO Space Station Construction Phase VI by deploying and installing the KSO Habitat Module #2, which can house six kerbals, transfer four kerbals into the module, and then return to the KSC runway. The KSO Space Station will contain two additional planned modules, which will be brought up in the next KSO shuttle missions. Upon completion, the KSO Space Station will hold 14 Kerbals, two green houses, one telescope, a single-kerbal science lab, and over 8,000 units each of liquid fuel and oxidizer.

Most of the footage is shown in 4x speed for quick viewing.

STS 115 Will bring up the KSO Space Station Greenhouse Module #2.

Buy the game!
www.kerbalspaceprogram.com

Get the mods!

KSO Shuttle:
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbin-shuttle-orbiter-system/

City Light & Clouds: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-23-Release-6-7-Visual-Enhancements-Clouds-City-Lights/page104

Universe Replacer:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44135-0-22-Universe-Replacer-v4-0

Bobcat H.O.M.E.:
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-h-o-m-e-start-kit/
(If the mod doesn't load for you, remove the Nuclear Reactor Part)

HullCamera VDS:
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/hullcam-vds/

It seems like the air on Duna is a bit too thin to fly this.

Laythe on the other hand...

Yeah, Duna is not a fun place to land.

Though having a recreation of Curiosity's hypersonic chute is a big help, especially on RSS Duna (or 'Mars' if you prefer)