[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

ok i am not sure if this is too soon but i have a suggestion to make...

it is simple and would require adding only one thing...

i need a part that can be placed within the flush against the floor of the cargo bay and is capable of extending out so that it can push cargo out without the need for KAS or a arm to remove it

just a suggestion.

A flat Radial Decoupler? Or the smallest Docking Port (if it has an ejection force)? Or used RCS and translate down?

Only thing i wish they would fix is the ability to toggle the cabin lights

Fix? You mean you can't turn on the cabin lights from the Light switch in the KSO cockpit or the PWR button (in red) in the SST, or the LGT button on the panel in the Observation Module?

If you mean turn on cabin lights from the external view, that's a no. I explained why in an earlier video. :D

OK... Now I am just being a picky twit but I have a small problem in that Romfarer's docking port camera is not working. Anybody have a config mod?

EDIT: Never mind.... Kerbal error

Edited by LawnDartLeo

I want to use this interior for other parts. I've replaced interiors with B9 cockpits before and it was a simple line change. Doing it with this gives a JSIActionGroups error. Everything but the cameras seems to work, though. Anyone know what this is about and how to fix it?

I want to use this interior for other parts. I've replaced interiors with B9 cockpits before and it was a simple line change. Doing it with this gives a JSIActionGroups error. Everything but the cameras seems to work, though. Anyone know what this is about and how to fix it?

I asked earlier that discussion of parts modding of this sort be done elsewhere. The only development discussions that should go on in this thread is KSOS specific in terms of the various phases and progress, bug reports, technical issues specific to the installation, your missions and applications of the parts, and so on.

Derailing the thread into how to develop your own mod, or graphical editing (that includes moving IVAs to other mods, and rescaling) just fills the thread and prevents me from catching people who need installation help or are reporting bugs.

Thank you :D

In other news

ok ok... so I cheated and ended up using MechJeb2 to move my KSO and payload to my ongoing station construction. Sorry but I gave up, the whole docking maneuver thing by hand just wasn't working for me. But I was surprised that MechJeb2 got my KSO (with a full SST) within 100m of my target, perfectly without fuss. It did burn up nearly all my tank getting to 189km orbit to do a Holloman (or which ever it's called) rendezvous maneuver. Packing a KSO Auxilliary Fuel Module on my next trip.

L6QNKvg.jpg

I docked the SST to the KSS Core, to load up on fuel (the Core had a full KSO Auxilliary Fuel Module on it), and then maneuvered back, docked with the KSO and transferred the fuel into it. I then docked back with the station and EVAed Tom Kerman back to the KSO. Putting a full KSO Auxilliary Fuel tank module as well as the TL-100 fuel tank on the SST is a very good idea.

Was I supposed to go through 189 pages to know that? I also didn't think that asking about using the interior for an existing command module in the thread containing the interior was derailing

Liking the lower weight aux fuel module, but the KSO still seems to be having an issue launching into a 100x100km orbit with it. Falls about 300 m/s short, every time. The burn to circularize eats up most of the fuel in the aux. fuel module, making it effectively useless as a range extender.

It's a bit of a bummer, but I'm going to try different ascents or something, see if I can make it more efficient. Perhaps a 75x75 km orbit and Hohmanning up with the OMS thrusters will yield better results.

Oh, just a PSA for anyone interested: Disable fuel flow on the auxiliary fuel module until you need it. For some reason, the KSO will use that fuel to start instead of the EFT.

Liking the lower weight aux fuel module, but the KSO still seems to be having an issue launching into a 100x100km orbit with it. Falls about 300 m/s short, every time. The burn to circularize eats up most of the fuel in the aux. fuel module, making it effectively useless as a range extender.

It's a bit of a bummer, but I'm going to try different ascents or something, see if I can make it more efficient. Perhaps a 75x75 km orbit and Hohmanning up with the OMS thrusters will yield better results.

Oh, just a PSA for anyone interested: Disable fuel flow on the auxiliary fuel module until you need it. For some reason, the KSO will use that fuel to start instead of the EFT.

If you use an optimal ascent path, depending on payload mass, you can get into an 80 km orbit on the big orange tank. Depending on payload mass the the circularization burn will tapp in your onboard fuel supply. But from there I'm able to reach a 200 km orbit and land back at KSC. (I do tend to have an aux fuel supply in the cargo bay)

Oh that explains why gliding into a landing was so difficult when reentry was no problem. The landing gears and their drag when deployed. I was treating them like the stock landing gear that never has mass or drag. That lesson only cost some shuttles smashed in flight tests.

Amazing station building set, thank you, helldiver and nazari!

But I have a problem with SST. It behaves better in most recent version, but I still find it barely controllable. It seems to be incapable of turning. When you try to rotate it, it just does strafing. So, I can strafe with it to left, right, up, down, but when I strafe for a couple of seconds or more, SST begins to change its direction. It tries to compensate this with rcs and completely fails, strafing even further instead of rotating.

If you use an optimal ascent path, depending on payload mass, you can get into an 80 km orbit on the big orange tank. Depending on payload mass the the circularization burn will tapp in your onboard fuel supply. But from there I'm able to reach a 200 km orbit and land back at KSC. (I do tend to have an aux fuel supply in the cargo bay)

Ah, that sounds good. I've gotten very experienced at landing from 100x100km orbits, so I suppose I'll do that from now on. I need to be able to reach my station at 250 km.... And if I'm really lucky, the 1000 km one.

In other news

ok ok... so I cheated and ended up using MechJeb2 to move my KSO and payload to my ongoing station construction. .

That's considered taking advantage of all the tools or vehicle capabilities available to you. Autopilot is a great help both in real life and KSP.

And this is not intended to start a mechjeb war. I don't participate in those.

I don't know if it's only on my KSP, but i've a bug with the 6 way coupling where 2 of the sides refuse to couple.

Screenshoot : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/12/1395586612-screenshot95.png

Two other questions:

- when building something with the habitat / greenlab / kerballab / observation, is there a way to know which side is up in IVA ?

- where is the button to open the window shield of the observation module ?

I don't know if it's only on my KSP, but i've a bug with the 6 way coupling where 2 of the sides refuse to couple.

Screenshoot : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/12/1395586612-screenshot95.png

Two other questions:

- when building something with the habitat / greenlab / kerballab / observation, is there a way to know which side is up in IVA ?

- where is the button to open the window shield of the observation module ?

To get it to connect properly you have to use the turn keys untill it's green. And as for wich way is up, I guess you can go of the writing on the side.

To open the shutters right click on the observation module and click open window shield.