Stock rotating parts?

mods aside, the only moving parts ksp has are landing gear, extendable ladders, the extending antennae, and doors to some science things. only the landing gear will interact with the environment (ie ladders phase through ground/parts), but i would be all for rotating parts. I think the mod should move this to suggestions instead, because i think it would be great in stock, if the controls for it got worked out. kinda like the long arm the shuttle(or was it ISS?) has for moving big parts

It is possible to create a bearing by putting a ball of outwards facing landing gear inside a ball of structural panels. You could look for "KSP stock helicopter", they are usually constructed that way. Of course that is really unwieldy, especially because you essentially have two separate vessels to manage, so an actual bearing would be nice.

There is nothing in stock that rotates in a controllable fashion...

You could make something like pictured above. I even remember seeing someone make an engine model with the same concepts.

There are some mods with rotating parts. Last I checked though they were bugged out. Though Scott Manly has some rotating parts in his more recent videos. I don't know which mod that is but it seems to be working.

I would very much like rotating docking ports to become part of the stock game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.