MK3 - Why Liquid Fuel ALone? (and no cargo hold?)

This was the most exciting thing for me to do...build a shuttle with the MK3...but I noticed too late there was no oxygen source (except the intakes I did not have installed). Ultimately:

Why does the MK3, MK2, and their attachments only come with liquid fuel. The MK2 makes some sense, but the MK3 is so massive that it would have to be an enormous ship that would require far too much fuel since only a single MK3 makes balance an issue (because of ship length)...But then, if you want it to travel into space or in space at all, you need to include, on top of all that liquid fuel, a mix fuel source.

The thought is, more fuel is used in space than in the atmosphere, so why so much liquid alone?

What about this...Consider making the MK3 come in 3 different versions?:

1. with a cargo hold

2. with just liquid

3. with a mixture

To me the MK2 and MK3 appear to be place holders for cargo holds. they don't carry much fuel for their size which means much of their volume is empty space which suggests a cargo hold.

I hope once the cargo bays are modeled, the fuel type will be tweakable for most (if not all) tanks, including the radial RCS tanks turning them in to radial fuel.

Edited by Capt Snuggler

This all makes sense. And I had no idea these components were included as early as .15. Good to know since I presume, with the release of tweakables, they will update some of the components, such as this.

It is just so impractical with the weight and fuel type but yeah, glad I wasn't the only one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.