[WIP] "Connected Living Space"- API for connected habs (new download 9 June 14)

codepoet

I'd also enjoy a config option to disable the "closed hatch" function, as I do not use the random crew movement mod and thus have no need to close any hatches. I do, however, like to build large structures from many small modules, so I wind up spending a lot of time opening hatches.

The if the bug that is preventing hatches from reloading their open/closed state properly was fixed then this would be less of a problem for you as you could open the hatches and they would stay open. I am still working on this.

I think I have finally fixed the problem of the hatch status not persisting. The problem now is my ISP has failed, so I have to wait for an engineer before I can commit the changes, and make a release :(

I think I have finally fixed the problem of the hatch status not persisting. The problem now is my ISP has failed, so I have to wait for an engineer before I can commit the changes, and make a release :(

Excellent, I look forward to it! Will this update include passability for docking ports attached in the VAB?

Excellent, I look forward to it! Will this update include passability for docking ports attached in the VAB?

That is the next thing to look at. So... Maybe, it depends when I get the internet connection working.

Make that maybe a yes, I have got it working now. You can also open/close hatches in attached docking ports as well as docked ones, and they highlight in yellow/orange. In the editor attached docking ports default to open hatches so you can see what the living spaces are in the editor.

Release coming soon, once the ISP engineer has visited.

Sorry if it has been reported before:

I get lots of those messages in the editor: Error - Docking port hatch can not find its ModuleDockingNode docNodeTransformName: docNodeAttachmentNodeName

I searched my whole GameData directory for the term docNodeAttachmentNodeName and there was only one hit in the CLS dll.

It happens once I add any docking port to my vessel (again, only in the editor, not in flight).

Sorry if it has been reported before:

I get lots of those messages in the editor: Error - Docking port hatch can not find its ModuleDockingNode docNodeTransformName: docNodeAttachmentNodeName

I searched my whole GameData directory for the term docNodeAttachmentNodeName and there was only one hit in the CLS dll.

It happens once I add any docking port to my vessel (again, only in the editor, not in flight).

Thanks for this. Could you please confirm which version you are using, and give me some detailed instructions for reproducing it (just for clarity). I am aware of the bit of code that error comes from, but I thought I had it all tidied up now.

Thanks for this. Could you please confirm which version you are using, and give me some detailed instructions for reproducing it (just for clarity). I am aware of the bit of code that error comes from, but I thought I had it all tidied up now.

Damn! Strike that, I had accidentally overwritten the current dll with an old one (1.04something from early May). Modified date was so recent that I wrongfully thought it would be the current dll and lazily didn't check...

It’s already fixed. Sorry!

Im really confused. I have this mod with ship manifest and have tried to transfer crew within ONE spacecraft and is unable to do it. The cockpit and fuselage are attached directly, no parts are impeding.

u3jHYA5.png

Some B9 parts aren't added in the list, so you'll have to add them in the files manually.

Check your designs before sending them to space!

The plugin is interesting, I like it, although sometimes the configs need manual adjustments. It would be useful to change them in-game, maybe even visually.

Hello,

Here's a config for Near-Future Spacecraft, if you don't have one already.

// Top stack node is too small to pass through
// Bottom node has a crew hatch
@PART[futuresm-cm]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
impassablenodes = top
}
}

// Same specs as for the stock Hitchhiker
@PART[futuresm-crewpod]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}

Edited by Starstrider42

Some B9 parts aren't added in the list, so you'll have to add them in the files manually.

Check your designs before sending them to space!

The plugin is interesting, I like it, although sometimes the configs need manual adjustments. It would be useful to change them in-game, maybe even visually.

Some of the configs that ship with CLS are provided by users, and not necessarily checked by me as I do not have the appropriate part packs. If there is a known part pack (a bug, but just a difference of opinion about whether batteries should be passable etc) I would be grateful for someone providing me with a fix. An even better solution would be the maintainer of that part pack was to provide their own config for CLS.

It might be a stupid / beginner's question, but it seems like I'm not able to get this mod running. I installed ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll -> works, it gives me a message during startup about 0 patches and 0 hidden items. Now I added Crew Transfer, which works (I can transfer crew between connected and non-connected capsules. Seems fine. Then I added Connected Living Space, and nothing changed. Also, I don't see where to get that UI part of CLS where the different ship parts are coloured depending on if they're passable. After removing Crew Transfer (20 patches and 0 hidden items), still no CLS functionality.

I'm running the Steam version of KSP, just in case this has any influence. My GameData directory contains (next to the ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll and the CrewXfer directory) the ConnectedLivingSpace directory, in which the "assets" and "Plugins" directory of CLS are found.

I just found an error message in the game's debug log (Alt-F12) that didn't occur without the Crew Transfer mod:

[Error]: Cannot find a Module of typename 'ModuleConnectedLivingSpace'

How do I figure out why it can't find this module?

It might be a stupid / beginner's question, but it seems like I'm not able to get this mod running. I installed ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll -> works, it gives me a message during startup about 0 patches and 0 hidden items. Now I added Crew Transfer, which works (I can transfer crew between connected and non-connected capsules. Seems fine. Then I added Connected Living Space, and nothing changed. Also, I don't see where to get that UI part of CLS where the different ship parts are coloured depending on if they're passable. After removing Crew Transfer (20 patches and 0 hidden items), still no CLS functionality.

To get the CLS UI, you need to have Toolbar installed and you need to enable the CLS button in the Toolbar settings.

I'm not sure if Crew Transfer supports CLS or not. I thought only Ship Manifest did.

Thanks for that hint, I can see (connected living space) clearly now!

Working:

- Color coding of connected ship elements

- Hatches open and close and separate connected living spaces

- Transfer between clearly unconnected pods is no longer possible

Now my only problem left: Two 3-seat-pods, attached through their smaller ends with clamp-o-trons, give me the controls to transfer Kerbals, but clicking the transfer button does nothing except for seemingly random log messages. Seriously, I'm a software developer, but these logs are just... random. Like a docking port not being attached ("removing it"), and never the same logs for the same button. I guess something is still messed up here, probably just in my installation. I'll try fiddling with what plugin folder goes where...

Phew, I had copied the contents of CLS' Plugin directory into KSP's Plugin directory. After deleting those it's working!

By the way, I have a tiny bug report (not important but easy to fix): In the phrase "Part's aren't connected" the first apostrophe should be removed, as it's plural, not posession. The correct text would be "Parts aren't connected"

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this mod! It makes KSP a lot more realistic in a way that's not a huge challenge, but just... more realistic! Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this. As I mentioned to you elsewhere, I am happy to pull the config, but check with the mod authors first, as it would be preferable for them to take ownership of and maintain it. If they do not want to I will pull it into CLS.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I hover over a part in my space station CL seems to highlight the part with its properties. This happens even with the CL window closed. The only way I can clear it is to open the CL window and close it.

KSP: 0.24.2

Connected Living Space: 1.0.8.0

Bpi80KW.png

Whenever I hover over a part in my space station CL seems to highlight the part with its properties. This happens even with the CL window closed. The only way I can clear it is to open the CL window and close it.

KSP: 0.24.2

Connected Living Space: 1.0.8.0

http://i.imgur.com/Bpi80KW.png

Are you also using Ship Manifest? There is a know problem with part highlighting when CLS and ship manifest are used together. PapaJoe has had a look at it, but no fix yet, and I have also poked about but not got to the bottom of it yet. It is not a bug anymore with CLS or SM, but obviously something about the way they interact. Hopefully one of us will get to the bottom of it soon. Apologies in the meantime.

Are you also using Ship Manifest? There is a know problem with part highlighting when CLS and ship manifest are used together. PapaJoe has had a look at it, but no fix yet, and I have also poked about but not got to the bottom of it yet. It is not a bug anymore with CLS or SM, but obviously something about the way they interact. Hopefully one of us will get to the bottom of it soon. Apologies in the meantime.

Correct. I am using ship manifest and I see. I will wait for a fix :) Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I just created some extra configs for mods I use, and thought I'd share:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15B3MQ2F4JTakFmM1JhRjNiSkE/edit?usp=sharing

support for the following mods:

- Spaceplane Plus

- KASA IXS mod (for the stock version, but probably works for Interstellar version too if part names are the same)

- MP_Nazari - Mk3 Refit

- TouhouTorpedo - Mk3 and Mk4 expansion

- KAX

- Hawkspeed Deployable Airstairs

- SH_Mods (featuring the KN2 Cockpit and Passenger Can)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.