[0.17] ExPI: Space Stations [0.4], Interplanetary Probes [0.1.2]

Pelf

The best whould be making a PowerTech version of them.

This whould use plugins, but you could still have a demo-compatible version.

Also, using plugins is almost the same as using default part types.

Hey i love your pack and have put about 3 stations in orbit already, however as there is no docking they are single launch behemoths ala skylab. I don\'t have a problem with this except that the radiators and solar panels don\'t fit in the 3m shrouds form novapunch so I used the deployable \'gear\' solar panels that deploy in space, is there a way to make the large panels and radiators deploy straight out? Sorry if this has been asked before, I love the pack :D

I\'ve been starting to learn how to animate so I might be able to make them deployable in the future.

Have you thought about converting the docking mechanism into something like KAPAS-75, then at least it would be functional for the moment until docking is added.

No I haven\'t. At this point I\'ll just wait until docking gets added.

Guys, i can\'t get modules to attach.

Ive tried everything.

Help!

It\'s a known bug and unfortunately I don\'t have a fix for it right now. I may have to completely redo the attachment point setup. I\'ll figure something out though.

This looks fantastic... Question though. Do you really have to launch it with the solar panels sticking all the way out OR am i doing it wrong? can they be retractable. cause that would be legendary

Sounds good, your panels look better but I ended up getting these http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=7178.0

You press the P key and they pop out, there is no animation but they fit inside a ship.

It would be legendary if they could slowly unfold similar to how they did on the ISS or Dragon.

On another note if I could add a suggestion it would be an adapter from the novapunch 3m to say a 4m payload fairing and 4m fairing walls. Reason is with solar panels on the 2m module it doesnt fit in a novapunch 3m fairing.

I really hope docking gets employed. I really love your pack as it is by far the best on the net. Its textures also suit the white 'hospital white' of space travel. I look foward to where this pack is going! legendary work man. You should ask for a job with the KSP devs :P

I love the look of your station modules, looking forward to the bugfix for attachpoints when it\'s ready. Do you think it\'s a collider issue, or a node issue?

Also: any plans for an ISS-style series of truss modules? I\'d LOVE that. I\'ve hacked together some bits and pieces from the other deep space mod but it\'s just not quite there.

Sounds good, your panels look better but I ended up getting these http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=7178.0

You press the P key and they pop out, there is no animation but they fit inside a ship.

It would be legendary if they could slowly unfold similar to how they did on the ISS or Dragon.

On another note if I could add a suggestion it would be an adapter from the novapunch 3m to say a 4m payload fairing and 4m fairing walls. Reason is with solar panels on the 2m module it doesnt fit in a novapunch 3m fairing.

I really hope docking gets employed. I really love your pack as it is by far the best on the net. Its textures also suit the white 'hospital white' of space travel. I look foward to where this pack is going! legendary work man. You should ask for a job with the KSP devs :P

I\'m glad you like it. About the adapter, I think I may be able to whip up some 4m payload fairings quick. And it doesn\'t actually have textures yet. :P It\'s just the ambient occlusion texture with the railings colored.

I love the look of your station modules, looking forward to the bugfix for attachpoints when it\'s ready. Do you think it\'s a collider issue, or a node issue?

Also: any plans for an ISS-style series of truss modules? I\'d LOVE that. I\'ve hacked together some bits and pieces from the other deep space mod but it\'s just not quite there.

It\'s a node issue. Squad redid the way modules attach in 0.15. I\'m going to test a new system today and if that works out OK then I\'ll see about releasing it as a fix.

And I do have plans for truss modules. I\'ve attempted starting them a couple times but I can\'t seem to figure out something I like for them.

Pelf what size are your station modules? I might scale KOSMOS SSPP up but 25% to match yours.

also, with unity you can make nice collider meshes now :D and tapers wll work perfectly.

2m in diameter. The length is the listed length plus 0.4 meters.

screenshot32.png

Well it\'s working. Basically what I did is I removed the four nodes around the outside so it only has a top and bottom node. I would really like to keep those nodes but as long as it works.

You could possibly use the same side-mount style that Nova used for his BACE kit... basically you stick the CBM right onto the side. You might need a second part to connect to that, since I don\'t think you can stack them, but yeah.

I think cBBp said something about having all nodes pointing to the center, then rotating the thing at least one or so.

Edit: Found the missing c?

I\'ll probably use that method.

I finally had time to get a fix together. It\'s in the OP now. I also updated the How to Use section. Read it because the fix changed the way stations are assembled quite a bit.

Can I say, your space station is my favorite design. Thanks for fixing the nodes etc. It allowed me to make a skylab and get it into orbit around kerbin.

If the only other thing I can suggest is a advanced SAS that functions EXACTLY the same as the advanced SAS that comes with the original game.

Can I say, your space station is my favorite design. Thanks for fixing the nodes etc. It allowed me to make a skylab and get it into orbit around kerbin.

If the only other thing I can suggest is a advanced SAS that functions EXACTLY the same as the advanced SAS that comes with the original game.

Nice station. I\'m not quite sure what you mean though with the advanced SAS. Could you elaborate?

Thanks. Its the first of many :) I will try and launch and entire 'iss' tonight...

Anyway what I mean is this http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/~kerbalsp/wiki/index.php?title=Advanced_S.A.S._Module

I find normal SAS modules dont seem to work, with this advanced SAS everything is nice and stable, I dont know why it is different but I struggle to make a stable rocket with other sas\'s

Edit, Advanced SAS controls winglets and RCS thrusters whereas normal SAS units do not. I find the ASAS to provide better overall control

SAS and ASAS do not serve the same purpose.

ASAS is an attitude control computer. It maintains attitude, by sending commands to the inputs that control the spacecraft, but without some kind of control authority (RCS, winglets, gimballed engines, or SAS), it\'s powerless.

SAS is just an attitude control gyroscope. It is one of the control authority systems, just like RCS, winglets, or gimballed engines, but it needs someone to control it, either you or an ASAS computer (or a MechJeb).

OK, I know what SAS and ASAS are, it\'s just that the question was worded weird. Right now I don\'t have any SAS or ASAS modules or any plans to make some but you can get some in other mod packs.