[0.17] ExPI: Space Stations [0.4], Interplanetary Probes [0.1.2]

Pelf

I have a question. Does the docking port and the cone have detailed collision models? I tried to dock with a tiny station i have launched and it seems like i either hit it too fast, was at a too steep angle or the ports are only for decorative reasons

Apparently not.

Update is out! This update has the most number of changes yet and makes up the official foundation for the space station parts pack. This doesn\'t mean that no new parts will be added. As I was typing this, I realized I forgot to add detail to the storage module but that isn\'t really critical at this point. I also left the airlock out of this update on purpose because I want to remodel it and it not having it won\'t drastically impact the completeness or usability of this pack.

screenshot2.png

Changelog:

+Added 2x2 meter module

+Added capsule versions of all core modules

+Added Common Berthing Mechanism (CBM)

- Removed expansion cap (replaced by CBM)

- Removed Airlock Module temporarily while it gets remodeled

*Detailed all core modules

*Remodeled Service Module

*Remodeled Service Module Engine

*Remodeled End Cap

*Remodeled 6-way Hub

Download links in OP. I also updated the list of parts in the OP.

There is something strange in the smoothing of some of your parts. They do not look good... if you are using 3DS Max I can point you how to improve their look. The Service Module has the right smoothing, you should do all other parts that way.

Otherwise it is a very good and promising add-on!

Maraz

Smoothing groups. Some of the parts are set to only one, which results in very unnatural lighting on sharp corners. The service module on the other hand is smoothed properly - eg, areas separated by sharp corners have separate smoothing groups.

Oh yeah. I though I made sure all the parts were smoothed properly. I guess I missed some. What parts have smoothing issues?

Edit:

Ok, I think I found where I went wrong. I forgot to apply the edge split modifier (I\'m using Blender).

I\'ll fix it quick and release it tonight.

Ok, it was a really quick fix. I should have all the smoothing errors fixed now. 0.1.1 is up in the OP. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Just doublechecked something.

It locks in as if it was connected, but the modules don\'t actually snap into place like they should, they stay greyed out.

Some modules seem to not have this problem (Service module for example) but quite a few do (The 6-way connection hub)

How do I rotate the modules? I want to build something really bad, but can\'t get the modules to connect to each-other. I tried the CDM but it never rotated to fit.

I noticed that earlier. The 0.15 update broke it and I\'m not sure why or how to fix it.

This is really nice. My concern is the solar panels don\'t look like solar panels. I will re texture my parts but wont upload them without Pelf\'s permission

That would be fine with me. I haven\'t got around to texturing yet.

Edit:

Ok, the fact that you are now able to rotate parts with WASDQE is probably what caused the auto rotation to break. That\'s not a big deal. If you need a part rotated just use those keys. Now though, some parts won\'t attach properly. I\'ll look into that now.

On the modules that won\'t attach, it seems to be the CM\'s problem on the top and bottom attachment points, because the modules will attach to all of the side attachment points. but in general the pack attachment points seem broken, and I can\'t explain it. :\'(

Yeah, I really don\'t know what\'s wrong or how to fix it. I have no idea when a fix will come out.

In other news, I found some time to work on the ULS again. The second stage fuel tank is ingame and the modeling of the engine is nearing completion.

ULS%20Stage%202%20-%20side.png

ULS%20Stage%202.png

I need to figure out how to do fancy renders.

Will the ULS be capable of orbiting core space station modules?

Yep. That was my original intention for making it. In addition, I\'m making a smaller launch vehicle for launching small satellites. I\'ll reveal more on that at a later date.

First of all, this is my favourite KSP mod yet :D A few more tweaks such as the textures and stuff and itll be awesome!!

Secondly, I have a suggestion... Could you make the solar panels attach to batteries (that obviously charge over time, based on the number of panels) that power the service module and RCS engines? That would be very cool :D

Lastly, I launched my Primary part of the station and it is orbiting at 250km (I used the MechJeb mod to launch). Now I am trying to launch a rocket to attach to the station... And I can get the rocket into a 250km orbit, but I can\'t get it floating close enough to use the RCS ports to dock the space craft to the station... Could you please upload a tutorial video or something on docking in orbit? Thankyou! :)

does the docking port, work? or is it just deco?

Just deco for now until docking gets added, at which point they will be made functional.

First of all, this is my favourite KSP mod yet :D A few more tweaks such as the textures and stuff and itll be awesome!!

Secondly, I have a suggestion... Could you make the solar panels attach to batteries (that obviously charge over time, based on the number of panels) that power the service module and RCS engines? That would be very cool :D

Lastly, I launched my Primary part of the station and it is orbiting at 250km (I used the MechJeb mod to launch). Now I am trying to launch a rocket to attach to the station... And I can get the rocket into a 250km orbit, but I can\'t get it floating close enough to use the RCS ports to dock the space craft to the station... Could you please upload a tutorial video or something on docking in orbit? Thankyou! :)

I\'m glad you like it. :D I don\'t plan on making solar panels functional, etc until support for it has been added to the game. One of my main ideas for this pack was to not make it rely on plugins. On top of that, I don\'t know how to make things work with plugins. I\'m sure it would be fairly simple but I haven\'t tried at all yet. As for orbital rendezvous, I don\'t know of any good tutorials. Sorry.

One thing, I have no problems with attaching nodes, you have to rotate them with WASDQE...

If you mean the CBM\'s then yes, they do attach properly. It\'s just some of the modules that don\'t. I made this video to explain the problem: KSP Attachment Bug 1

Hey i love your pack and have put about 3 stations in orbit already, however as there is no docking they are single launch behemoths ala skylab. I don\'t have a problem with this except that the radiators and solar panels don\'t fit in the 3m shrouds form novapunch so I used the deployable \'gear\' solar panels that deploy in space, is there a way to make the large panels and radiators deploy straight out? Sorry if this has been asked before, I love the pack :D