[0.24.2] [32x] Super Eve Planet Pack 0.2

Cooly568

To get it to work with clouds just go into the BA config and change where it says "Eve" to "SuperEve" or what ever the planet name is.

I'll be fixing the clouds/redoing them soon, wait for when I do that.

Quick question, any tips about aerobraking in it? Is it the same as with regular eve?

EDIT: "Jeb to ground control, what about aerobraking? ... ..wait, what?! What do you mean "no atmosphere"? Really?! Holy kerbal..."

EDIT2: Ground control is confused if super eve has an atmosphere or it doesnt because they cant see it. :| Is that a bug?

It's probably a bug, the current version was made in .23 and may not work right with .24.2

Well I installed the new version and there are only clouds on Threshold and it's moon that have an atmosphere. All other planets have no clouds at all.

Not all of the moons got clouds, and some got "clouds", there's a better terminator on some of the moons, but some of them are too small to have a cloud layer applied to them.

It's a limitation within EVE.

Not all of the moons got clouds, and some got "clouds", there's a better terminator on some of the moons, but some of them are too small to have a cloud layer applied to them.

It's a limitation within EVE.

No I mean, the ONLY the Super Eve system has clouds. The clouds there work fine, but Kerbin Laythe, Eve, etc. Have no clouds at all. Also, I meant moons in my previous post. I missed that missing s.

No I mean, the ONLY the Super Eve system has clouds. The clouds there work fine, but Kerbin Laythe, Eve, etc. Have no clouds at all. Also, I meant moons in my previous post. I missed that missing s.

Looking back at the download, I kept EVE's stock config file in it, redownload EVE and take the cloudlayers.cfg from the download and put it under BoulderCo\Clouds.

Looking back at the download, I kept EVE's stock config file in it, redownload EVE and take the cloudlayers.cfg from the download and put it under BoulderCo\Clouds.

That fixed it. I think the cloudlayers.cfg included with the all-in-one pack may be from an older version of EVE, as the same isssue happened using an older version of this pack, except no planets at all had textures instead of just the Super Eve system.

EDIT: Is it possible to use this with Astronomer's Visual Pack V3 Edge of Oblivion? I usually use it instead of stock EVE but I'm not sure if it world still work with Super EVE.

Edited by mike9606

That fixed it. I think the cloudlayers.cfg included with the all-in-one pack may be from an older version of EVE, as the same isssue happened using an older version of this pack, except no planets at all had textures instead of just the Super Eve system.

EDIT: Is it possible to use this with Astronomer's Visual Pack V3 Edge of Oblivion? I usually use it instead of stock EVE but I'm not sure if it world still work with Super EVE.

Most likely, just as long as you don't overwrite the Super Eve cloudlayer file.

I want a fix for the clouds in 64-bit, it's clearly something to do with the format being old or something.

It's a glitch that exists even without my pack, and it's an error between PlanetFactory CE and EVE in 64-bit, and the creator of those mods will have to fix it, or someone will have to supply one.

It's a glitch that exists even without my pack, and it's an error between PlanetFactory CE and EVE in 64-bit, and the creator of those mods will have to fix it, or someone will have to supply one.

PFCE is now freely editable and usable. Krag quit..

Also I don't have any bugs with Kittopia, StarSystems, PFCE, or EVE.

Okay and umm you said the game crashes on loading without half-res? Have you tested that in 64-bit?

This was discovered before x64-bit became Squad supported, for some reason PlanetFactory CE will make EVE not work, I do not have any bugs with Kittopia, StarSystems, or EVE either, I don't do plugins, so I don't know how to fix the problems myself, or even find the problem. Someone will need to recompile/fix the mods for 64-bit.

It should run at max quality in 64-bit, but you wouldn't get clouds.

Also, half-res is just a recommendation, because I couldn't get mine running any higher, even after playing around with ActiveTextureManagement.

Edited by Cooly568

This was discovered before x64-bit became Squad supported, for some reason PlanetFactory CE will make EVE not work, I do not have any bugs with Kittopia, StarSystems, or EVE either, I don't do plugins, so I don't know how to fix the problems myself, or even find the problem. Someone will need to recompile/fix the mods for 64-bit.

It should run at max quality in 64-bit, but you wouldn't get clouds.

Also, half-res is just a recommendation, because I couldn't get mine running any higher, even after playing around with ActiveTextureManagement.

This pack works fine for me with EVE. I think you have an outdated cloudlayers.cfg packaged with the all-in-one pack, as replacing it with the the clouldayers.cfg from EVE 7.3 that I had before installing this fixed it.

This pack works fine for me with EVE. I think you have an outdated cloudlayers.cfg packaged with the all-in-one pack, as replacing it with the the clouldayers.cfg from EVE 7.3 that I had before installing this fixed it.

This pack worked for you in 0.24 on x64-bit?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.