[0.24.2] [32x] Super Eve Planet Pack 0.2

Cooly568

N28oX0c.png

Oh, ANOTHER new planet pack for PlanetFactory?

Yup, you can never have too many planets now can you?

Alright fine, how many planets does this have?

One, but the ONE planet has 15 moons.

Super Eve? Is that just, Eve?

It's Eve if the Kraken inhabited it. It's atmosphere is 10 Kerbin atmospheres thick, it's gravity is 2 Gee's at surface

Where is it in the Kerbol system?

Between Kerbin and Duna's orbit at perihelion and about out to Dres's orbit at aphelion. (subject to change)

Pics!?!

Yeah, here.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What's New In The Update?

The changelog below, images above, and a hardcore mode. In the hardcore mode, Super Eve passes the Kerbol system ONCE, before being flung into deep space.

Also THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH OLD SAVES.

Information:

1. "Expansions"

This mod integrates with one mod, Rbay89's Visual Enhancement Mod.

Separate downloads are available for these "expansions", but can be downloaded as an all-in-one pack as well.

I hope to add new Kethane ores and parts in a later Kethane expansion, and a Kerbtown Easter Egg expansion later down the line. (Custom Biomes will be reintegrated soon, along with Custom Asteroids as a new expansion)

Installation:

-1. You cannot use KSP's 64x version, you must use 32x to get the clouds, which your eyes will thank you for.

0. Before installation, set in game texture quality to half res, otherwise the game will crash on load.

1. Install Kragathea's PlanetFactory CE Mod.

2. Install Kcreator's Ingame Terraforming Tools.

3. Install Rbay89's Visual Enhancement Mod.

4. Install Rbay89's Active Texture Management.

5. (Optional) Delete the three example systems in "GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory" named Barry, Serious, and Stella.

6. Put the unzipped Gamedata folder from the downloaded .zip into the KSP install directory.

Biome Pack Installation

Biome Pack outdated, update coming later.

Hardcore Change Installation

1. Download the patch below.

2. Put the Gamedata in the KSP install directory.

Downloads:

License:

F2x8jsw.png

Changelog:

0.2 - Update Release

Super Eve was renamed to Threshold.

Clouds added/fixed on all planets/moons.

Ring's added to Threshold and Tuolea.

Particles added to Iciao, Roals, and Agoa.

KittopiaSpace integration allowed orbit color changes, atmosphere fixes and changes, and the ability to add an ocean to Threshold.

Added an optional "hardcore" mode.

Tuolea's mantle now glows.

0.1.1 - Initial Release

Super Eve's orbit changed - Descriptions added to planets.

0.1 - Initial Mod

Edited by Cooly568

what skybox u using here. hard to find alot of the old skyboxes since links are dead now.

I think it was the Space Engine skybox, but I can't remember where I found it as I've phased it out of my modding install.

Agoa and Tulea are especially nice. Not too convinced on the onion planet Eros though.

Eros was always one I was kind of iffy about, it probably will change later.

This is pretty nice! I love Tuolea and Asthsho. Very shiny moons. I can't wait to see what's in the future for this mod! One complaint is that Ghoa is kinda... Bland. But hey, all in all, very nice!

Ghoa is bland from space. But it would be fun to land on a peak and u-

BRILLIANT IDEA!

Kolymic X-treme bobsledding! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just got into an orbit around this system. WOW, incredible! I was planning to put a rover onto Iciao. That moon doesn't seem very rover friendly though. I think I will be spending a lot of time in this system, it looks great. Fantastic work!! I will post a few pics if and when I make successful landings.

From the map view the island textures on Soul look pretty white. I hope they are not? I recently picked out a light green area of Hestia to land on and it turned out to be completely white on the surface. Not cool! I don't want that to happen again that's why I am asking....

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/KSP2014-03-0110-10-47-28.jpg

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/KSP2014-03-0110-06-09-25.jpg

Edited by Larrt_M

Thanks for liking my system, there's a lot of then going around.

Soul's Typhoon Islands are the generic Laythe surface color currently, I do want to change them eventually.

mutBWDe.png

I haven't done much work on this system in recent times, but I do want to in the future.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got some kind of a super bug with this :

n1XXaAv.png

My mods installed are these :

MechJeb 2

Active Texture Management

RealChute

TextureReplacer (w/ KerbalHeads)

By the way, how can I apply a spoiler for my picture ?

• 3 weeks later...
Well for some reason when using the clouds pack with this it breaks the clouds mod. No clouds at all appear for some reason.

It's not that my pack is broken, it's that the cloud configurations have updated since I made them.

And looking back at this, I think it deserves an update.

I'll get to work on it now.

I edited Super Eve's orbit to be identical to that of Eve's, and then I used the powers of Real Solar System to throw Eve into the sun forever and make Gilly orbit Super Eve. :cool::D

Beautiful.

Since I'm going to get back into editing this pack, I'm going to be editing the first post with what I've found and what is changing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.