Landing Legs - How!?

So I've been attempting to create a landing leg in the new squishy-suspension format.

But it's maddeningly difficult.

It's set up like so:

1f2GXms.png

Issue is, in-game it works so-so ( leg can be deployed with G ) , but it has serious issues.

The leg has absolutely no working suspension and is completely rigid when colliding with terrain.

Also the animation seems borked, when the leg is first deployed it just freezes half way through the animation, after pressing G again the leg "jumps" to its default animation position and plays the animation again.

Will upload screenshots soon! Thanks for any help!

Edited by Beale

Did they publish some new literature?

This here is the problem. With version 0.22 Squad introduced a new style of landing legs that took advantage of having more realistic physics. The only trouble is these new style of landing legs are far more complex to create in Unity and Squad never really and documentation on them, apart from a single Unity screenshot.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone every tried to petition Squad for documentation in any meaningful way? I know there've been requests but they don't get many replies. Maybe what mod makers need is to get organised. Get the big wigs involved.

If only the majority of <something I prefer not to use here> haven't made so much noise with the NASA/ARM pack maybe... I follow you, I always asked for more docs but... in space, no one can hear you :huh: !

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, after alot of fiddling around, I finally figured out [how to do suspension]. Or, at least I got it to work, though I'm not sure how much of what I did was actually necessary. If you're all still trying to figure it out, I can try to make some kind of tutorial.

Edited by BahamutoD
clarity

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.