[25/03/2014] Octagonal Truss Set

Kommitz

The current download link is in the first post, I've just named it the 'old version' because I don't plan to update it. Currently working on a more expansive and varied set of truss/structural bits.

• 2 months later...
The current download link is in the first post, I've just named it the 'old version' because I don't plan to update it. Currently working on a more expansive and varied set of truss/structural bits.

Looking forward to them... (especially 1.5 meter parts) because I use the heck out of this set.

• 2 months later...
Looking forward to them... (especially 1.5 meter parts) because I use the heck out of this set.

Top of my wishlist would be for 2.5m parts with 1.25m living space connectors inside instead of the fuel lines, for building plausible-looking docking trees and such. This is great for building automated fuel depots, but not so much for manned space stations.

Thanks for a great set. :D

Top of my wishlist would be for 2.5m parts with 1.25m living space connectors inside instead of the fuel lines, for building plausible-looking docking trees and such. This is great for building automated fuel depots, but not so much for manned space stations.

Thanks for a great set. :D

I love these as well make great lander and station parts

How did you find the thread after so long!?

Not that I mind too much, I should be giving this whole pack a complete overhaul soon with plenty of options for crew parts, fuel tanks, utility parts, smaller truss sections & cargo bays (may as well, now that they're a stock feature). It will (hopefully) be plugin dependent, keep an eye on my engine pack if you want to see what I've got planned here.

And on a personal note I still really like the way I did the radial attachment points...

How did you find the thread after so long!?

Not that I mind too much, I should be giving this whole pack a complete overhaul soon with plenty of options for crew parts, fuel tanks, utility parts, smaller truss sections & cargo bays (may as well, now that they're a stock feature). It will (hopefully) be plugin dependent, keep an eye on my engine pack if you want to see what I've got planned here.

And on a personal note I still really like the way I did the radial attachment points...

I've been using it for quite a while; originally found it through the link you had in your signature on your atomic rockets set. I have all of my mods bookmarked and check back periodically for updates. This one stays in the bookmarks folder against the hope that one day I'll click the link and see something different. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Kommitz -- any plans to pick these parts back up? I really prefer the denser, stronger look of the octagonal trusses versus the hexagonal ones. The parts themselves seem to function but the attachment points don't appear to be playing nice -- i.e., when I try to connect a straight piece to bottom node of a 6-way hub it doesn't connect unless I attach it to the bottom of the top node, clipping through the hub part. There were some other oddities I noticed too, like straight parts only wanting to connect to other nodes on one side and not the other.

EDIT: I found the problem, was just some attach node rotations not matching their direction.

Edited by albany_

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.