[0.23]Baha. Parts for Extraplanetary Launchpads v1.2 (3/2/14)

BahamutoD

Didn't realize that it was part of the same problem. There's nothing radially attached to the printer at all... And I thought that was what was initially triggering the issue for you.

I'll apply suggested fix and test though. What's the bulk comment notation used in the .cfg files?

Edited by VaporTrail

Hate to ask twice, but its been a week now, so I'll dare to be bold (pilot)

"Baha, beyond the animation fix, are you working on any additional parts for EPL (or any other mod)? Your work is so exquisite, and I'd love to see more"

My fault! Why thank you. Other things I work on are linked in in my sig. I really should get back to this, shouldn't I? Bugs to fix; parts to make... My excuse is that since .23.5 came out I've been playing with RSS v6.

unless I got an older version, the current 3d printer needed to have the following lines added for it to work right

MODULE

{

name = ExWorkshop

ProductivityFactor = 5

}

But after adding that line in everything worked fine! :) Love this mod!

These parts are something special.

One question... the capacity on the Expanding Kethane tank (2000) compared to stock Kethane volumes is extremely small.

I eyeballed a quick estimate and thought it should be about 15,600 fully expanded... but I haven't done any precise measurements.

Any thoughts? ;)

KeithStone: That makes no sense. I'm pretty certain the printer is not a crewed part and thus the workshop will have no noticeable effect: the workshop module requires kerbals to be in the part, not just somewhere in the ship.

So, I have installed Extra-planetary launchpads and Baha's models and parts for it.

The small and large drills are not showing up. I deleted the 3 augers, but they are still not showing up in KSP VAB. I see the parts in their folders, but they aren't appearing!

Also, the expanding cargo container doesn't expand and only the rocket part container exists, is there something i need to add to the config?

___

The other mods i have are interplanetary, B9, Kethane, KAS, and a few others, (and one of my own :D)

I made a fresh GameData folder and tried just starting extraplanetary launchpads and bada's parts, but no luck.

What can I do? I tried a re-install. This is what the small drill config look like, for example:

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = bahaEPLsmAuger
module = Part
author = BahamutoD

// --- asset parameters ---
rescaleFactor = .76

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top = 0.04, 4.38, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_attach = 0.55, 1.61, 0, 1.0, 0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 1300
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = DRL-0R1 Small Deployable Mining Auger
manufacturer = Bahamuto Heavy Industries
description = Deployable auger for extracting ore from the ground.

TechRequired = advConstruction
entryCost = 50

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 3
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 12
breakingForce = 200
breakingTorque = 200
maxTemp = 5000
fuelCrossFeed = True

MODEL
{
model = BahaEPL/smAuger/model
position = 0, 0, 0
rotation = 0, 0, 0
//texture = model000
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneExtractor
PowerConsumption = 24
Resource
{
Name = Ore
Rate = 4.5
}
HeadTransform = heavyDrillHead
TailTransform = heavyDrillShaft4
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneDrillAnimator
DeployAnimation = idle
DrillAnimation = idle0
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneParticleEmitter
Label = sparks

ColorAnimation1 = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
ColorAnimation2 = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
ColorAnimation3 = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
ColorAnimation4 = 0.6517648, 0.3835294, 0.2023529
ColorAnimation5 = 0, 0, 0

And the containers code:

PART
{
name = ExpRParts2m
module = Part
author = BahamutoD

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
// texture
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.77853, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0,-0.86918, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = specializedConstruction
entryCost = 0
cost = 200
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Expanding Rocket Parts Container
manufacturer = Bahamuto Heavy Industries

description = A rocket parts cargo rack that expands to fit more parts.

mass = 0.2

dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 12
breakingForce = 400
breakingTorque = 400
maxTemp = 2900

// --- resource parameters ---
// 2x the container size = 8x the volume
RESOURCE
{
name = RocketParts
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4000
}
MODULE
{
name = KethaneWetMassIndicator
Label = Full Mass
}

MODULE
{
name = AnimatedContainer
ResourceType = RocketParts
ContainerAnimationName = expand
}
}

Edited by Solar Trade Confederacy
updated

EDIT THREE: A full new install worked! So, dont try to merge the folders or mess with them in any way, they work now! I had tried to merge it with IPLP, then tried to make it one folder to look neater, but a full new install fixed everything. Drills look great!

Old:

Alright thanks, I will try that now! And I am testing this all in sandbox mode, I am essentially building a mod-pack for my friends and I, intended for KMP.

EDIT:

Nope, the only parts that still show up in the utility's tab from Baha is the 3d printer and the rocket part storage expanding container (shoot didn't test to see if it could expand this time, judging on how nothing else changed though, probably not)

Maybe I just cant have the pretty things for this mod :(. At least the other guys smelter is working fine, so i don't have the blocky black blast furnace models.

Is anyone else having the same issue? I will retry all this again after classes.

Edit2: I am in 23.5, would that affect it? I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Edited by Solar Trade Confederacy
update

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Great mod, and I really like the look of the Drills, the Compact Launchpad (very nice) etc but I've a problem with the Expanding Containers ... They seems to have no surface attachment at all ? I cannot attach them radialy to any other part nor attach radialy anything to them :(

Sometime they seems to agree to "encompass" another part let's say an EPL Ore Container but on the launchpad everything is dancing and more often crashing ...

Am I using them the wrong way ? BTW what is the exact purpose of them ? Just empty containers ? Because with let's say a mod like Godspeed Pump you can empty the EPL containers in the VAB, before a launch so what's the point ?

LKS

Hi there,

Great mod, and I really like the look of the Drills, the Compact Launchpad (very nice) etc but I've a problem with the Expanding Containers ... They seems to have no surface attachment at all ? I cannot attach them radialy to any other part nor attach radialy anything to them :(

Sometime they seems to agree to "encompass" another part let's say an EPL Ore Container but on the launchpad everything is dancing and more often crashing ...

Am I using them the wrong way ? BTW what is the exact purpose of them ? Just empty containers ? Because with let's say a mod like Godspeed Pump you can empty the EPL containers in the VAB, before a launch so what's the point ?

LKS

The expanding containers have the advantage of being more compact when empty than a fixed-size container of the same capacity should be. That makes it easier to ship empty containers up from Kerbin if you're using FAR.

If you're launching full containers from Kerbin, you should probably be using fixed-size containers. For vehicles constructed in vacuum, I think the expanding containers have more capacity per part than the fixed-size containers in the EPL package, so I use them if there's clearance and I can find somewhere else to put radial parts.

This is a really cool mod. I like the science drill, although its kind of heavy. How do you guys get it on the surface without crashing your lander?

Either mount it on the centreline of your lander/rover or use other components to counterbalance it. Whilst it's hard to see in the image below, I've placed it pretty centrally, and then used other components to account for the weight of the wheels.

WdsEuHt.jpg

Hi there,

Thanks for your replies, I now understand how to handle Expandable Containers :) Did not try to test them with FAR (that I don't use) but with the Godspeed Pump they work very well (if I transfer ressources to them they inflate, indeed). But are they not a little "cheated" in term of RocketParts you need in order to build them comparing to the original EPL ones ? (not a real problem in fact, just a question)

Another question: is there a way to remove the boring "breathing sound" coming from the Compact Launchpad ? Maybe it comes from EPL or even the game (I did not found any sound file, just few options such as sound_vent_medium = engage in the EPL launchpad2 config file that I did not try to remove at this time) but I'd really like to get rid of them (or change them). Any clue ?

LKS

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, thank you for these great additions to an already fantastic mod. Together they make KSP really fun.

I have a question regarding compact launching pads. I seem to have accidentally launched and landed it on the Mun with the one and only Jedediah K. hiding somewhere inside. If it were any other Kerbal I'd shrug and let it be, but I have to ask, is there a way to get him out? I've looked for hatches all over the thing (deployed and not) and can't see where exactly he's hiding in there! If not, no worries, and thanks again for the work here.

• 4 weeks later...
Firstly, thank you for these great additions to an already fantastic mod. Together they make KSP really fun.

I have a question regarding compact launching pads. I seem to have accidentally launched and landed it on the Mun with the one and only Jedediah K. hiding somewhere inside. If it were any other Kerbal I'd shrug and let it be, but I have to ask, is there a way to get him out? I've looked for hatches all over the thing (deployed and not) and can't see where exactly he's hiding in there! If not, no worries, and thanks again for the work here.

Does the EVA button on his picture work?

Any chance you could do us a new recycler Baha? I can't bring myself to use the original part as a waste paper bin just looks odd.

It doesn't need to be foldable since logically you would build it at the base anyway once you had set up the other parts. Something like a car-crusher would make sense, although the ideal shape would be circular and the same diameter as your unfolded launchpad so you can fit anything in it.

Either way, thanks for all the great parts.

Any chance you could do us a new recycler Baha? I can't bring myself to use the original part as a waste paper bin just looks odd.

the original furnace is far uglier than the recycle bin, i think that should be given priority if Baha is still working on EL parts...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.