The S/VTOL lounge.

This is for the craft which are may be to bulky to do a full stop, but which still utilise some alternative form of lift for takeoff and landing, instead of simply having wings*. They must be able to stop without engines running, and stop under 35 M/S.

*I think Magic Turbines are an exception.

This is my effort.

OY8fT.jpg

This thing is massive. It runs through its supply of RCS gas like a madman trying to drink as much diesel as possible in an effort to see if it will catch fire in his stomach.

YNhwU.jpg

At touchdown, it was moving at 33 m/s.

vlhwI.jpg

With payload.

Sorry to chase you up, Tim, but can that land at less that 0.5 m/s?

Sure, if you use fine control and have above average piloting skills, you can land very slowly.

Yet I don\'t understand the importance of landing that slow if you are not carrying several passengers. The centaur can land at a maximum of about 35m/s with the help of the strut suspension-like system.

Sure, if you use fine control and have above average piloting skills, you can land very slowly.

Yet I don\'t understand the importance of landing that slow if you are not carrying several passengers. The centaur can land at a maximum of about 35m/s with the help of the strut suspension-like system.

My point is that its being able to land that slowly means it could go in the VTOL Lounge instead. Not that I\'m asking you to remove it - VTOLs are included, with less restrictions.

yes. could you please change the name of your thread please? because this one comes dangerously close to mine. the name not the actual thread. thanks

I did name it after your thread. I\'ll put up a subtitle describing what an S/VTOL is so we don\'t have this confusion.

But I don\'t think the title needs to be changed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.