LiAZ-677 bus - now driveable!

kBarin

• 7 months later...
Someone has requested a bus for transporting a lot of Kerbals. Could you adapt the bus in such a way that a large number of Kerbals can 'hitch' a ride with it?

Yes, you just have to edit CrewCapacity value in part.cfg.

Having to stick a manned pod on/in the bus to launch it can get a bit annoying, could you maybe separate it into 2 pieces with the front being a pod and holding 1-3 kerbals and the back holding a full 10

EDIT: better idea; pod consists of just the cab and then the actual cart piece is the remainder of the body and the chassis

Edited by haydn1997

Having to stick a manned pod on/in the bus to launch it can get a bit annoying, could you maybe separate it into 2 pieces with the front being a pod and holding 1-3 kerbals and the back holding a full 10

EDIT: better idea; pod consists of just the cab and then the actual cart piece is the remainder of the body and the chassis

I heard there are some problems with physics with such an approach; I'll see what I can do.

Also, I wanted the vehicle to be independent of the command pod, so you could separate it on the other planet, drive it, then return to command pod and take off.

I heard there are some problems with physics with such an approach; I'll see what I can do.

Also, I wanted the vehicle to be independent of the command pod, so you could separate it on the other planet, drive it, then return to command pod and take off.

that is a good point however i would normally use a separate command pod to return any home-sick kerbals

Just a silly thought perhaps, but why don't you create a spare tyre (make it a commandpod, crew = 1) and stick it somewhere on the side of the bus.

Wow, good thought! Not very realistic perhaps, but good! :D Should be easy - I'll try to do it.

The only thing - it won't stick to the bus, as it's only other parts that get attached to the command module. So I'll have to make an extra attach point on the rear of the bus. Won't be difficult. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.