[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

Getting a weird bug/inconsistency here when using MechJeb's info windows... the weight its giving me in the VAB is significantly different from what it is on the pad... I traced it as far as these procedural parst, but it's late & I need sleep lol. Built a ship that was showing 4 extra tons on the pad vs what MJ said in the VAB, which of course throws delta-V waaaaay off. Stripped the proceduaral parts one by one. The weight difference decreased with each removed part but didn't go away completely until they were all removed. Then tried it with one huge tank, 144 tons in the VAB.... and it LOST 15 tons (to 130) on the pad?!? Am I missing something obvious here? I don't have KER so I can't check it against that.

It's possible mech jeb isn't aware of the updated dry mass.

Try building with just a tank, then using the tweaker to empty it dry. Compare mech jeb to what the tweaker says it is. Try increasing the size of the tank but leaving it dry - does mech jeb's total mass change?

A possible solution might be to disconnect and reconnect the tank to the parent part. If you can post your findings here: https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/issues that would be helpful

Found and fixed the problem :)

Yaaay what was it?

ETA: so, fixed but no update yet. According to the reddit, the in flight mass is wrong. So that I can keep building while waiting for the official update, is it safe to assume the VAB numbers are correct and should remain so?

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

Yaaay what was it?

ETA: so, fixed but no update yet. According to the reddit, the in flight mass is wrong. So that I can keep building while waiting for the official update, is it safe to assume the VAB numbers are correct and should remain so?

I'll do the update in the near future - today or tomorrow most likely. Just got to do a bit of debugging on something else - it's more effort than it's worth to release a partial update.

The issue was that KSP was wiping the updated mass on going into flight mode. I had actually had that fixed in the past but for some reason removed the code :confused:

In the mean time you can keep building ships, but they'll need to be saved in the VAB prior to going to flight mode as the dry mass will get reset to 1 for all parts.

I'd settle for just the update fixing the weight bug:D

Not to put any pressure on you or anything, but Dildan, Mercott, & Doudas are stuck in orbit until said update gives them enough TWR to land. They've just run out of snacks and Dildan is finding how the other two are looking at him rather... unsettling. :sealed:

I'm a bit confused. Has there been an announcement of plans to integrate procedural wings, procedural fairings and RealFuels into this mod?

Or are these just requests?

I'm a bit confused. Has there been an announcement of plans to integrate procedural wings, procedural fairings and RealFuels into this mod?

First of RF kind of works but the next update will make it fully compatible. swamp-ig already said that. As for procedural fairings and wings, they both are from different modders so they probably won'T be integrated here for now.

YIKES! StretchySRB V9 and Real Fuels v5 have been released, also "Procedural Parts - The next phase of Stretchy SRBs" seems to have escaped my notice. If anyone has attempted to use any of these with any success? I had an odd issue with no stretchy fuel tanks/SRB's in VAB/SPH when i switched to StretchySRB V9 and Real Fuels v5 so i switched back to the previous versions. Anyone else attempt this?? If it matters about tech trees i'm currently using "Realistic Progresion LITE", maybe my issue is due to this? does this mod supersede stretchy SRBs?

I'm left slightly confused by what to use, i assume that "Procedural Parts - The next phase of Stretchy SRBs" is supported by real fuels v5, but i dont want to mess up any currently in flight ships do switching from stretchy SRBs. I'm also puzzled by the no stretchy fuel tanks/SRB's in VAB/SPH issue. Although prehaps the issue is me doing something horribly wrong (wouldnt be the 1st time)

Yes ProceduralParts is meant to be a replacement for StretchyTanks but a few issues need to be solved first. To use ProceduralParts you need to remove StretchyTanks. You will see ProceduralParts has a StretchyTanks zip file that will provide backwards compatibility. As for RealFuel it is not supported by default but you can make it work. First you need to get my ProceduralParts.cfg to install in GameData/RealFuels/Parts. Next you need to remove the TankContentSwitcher module sections from the various *.cfg files in GameData/ProceduralParts/Parts. That should make everything work.

Yes ProceduralParts is meant to be a replacement for StretchyTanks but a few issues need to be solved first. To use ProceduralParts you need to remove StretchyTanks. You will see ProceduralParts has a StretchyTanks zip file that will provide backwards compatibility. As for RealFuel it is not supported by default but you can make it work. First you need to get my ProceduralParts.cfg to install in GameData/RealFuels/Parts. Next you need to remove the TankContentSwitcher module sections from the various *.cfg files in GameData/ProceduralParts/Parts. That should make everything work.

Is this NathanKell approved? I dont want to run into issues with the mod list used by Realistic Progression Lite techtree, esp concerning real fuels and max RSS sizes of tanks that are based off tech node levels. Thanks for the reply but i think i will continue with real fuels and Stretchy SRB's until i get a reply from NathanKell or MedievalNerd on the matter. When i do get an answer i will make sure to post it back in this thread so we have a definitive answer for this mod being usable with RPL. thanks for the fast reply i will try to post the answer back here ASAP

But, thank you 100% for taking the time to reply, i dont mean to sound rude, i just want to ensure compatibility

Edited by Guest

Real Fuels compatibility is not far away.

pWings and pFaring - no. Not unless the authors of those mods want to integrate.

If it matters about tech trees i'm currently using "Realistic Progresion LITE", maybe my issue is due to this? does this mod supersede stretchy SRBs?

The mod is tech dependent (that being one of the major goals of the project).

You can strip out the tech dependencies by removing those sections from the config files however.