[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

This is dependent on KAE, and even with taniwha's fixes to KAE and both that and this compiled for .24 there are still sporadic issues. It needs to be fixed, it's not just a case of "recompile for the new release." Patience, please.

I don't suppose you could produce an "interim build" just to fix the compatibility issue, could you? Just to get us by until Swamp_lg gets back?

As much as I would like too, by keeping the mod running I just meant answering questions and whatnot on the forums. Coding is not my area of expertise (though I am learning at the moment). Thankfully, NathanKell has volunteered to keep Procedural Parts alive until swamp gets back. And taniwha is also maintaining KSPApiExtensions (KAE for those of you who like three letter acronyms), as both this mod and several others rely on it.

Edited by OtherBarry

This is dependent on KAE, and even with taniwha's fixes to KAE and both that and this compiled for .24 there are still sporadic issues. It needs to be fixed, it's not just a case of "recompile for the new release." Patience, please.

Sure, take your time, ty for the great mods you released and supported, we wait as long as needed, they should hire some modders for the KSP team indeed :)

Of all the mods to break in my install this is one of the ones that hurts the most.

I hear you. But they will fix it as soon as they can. On a side note, I am amazed at how responsive the modders are in this game after a new release. Really something in my opinion.

Of all the mods to break in my install this is one of the ones that hurts the most.

It does suck, especially for RSS/RO players. I'm somewhat surprised no one over here mentioned lack of 64 bit compatibility when the hack came out.

kspapi seems to have updated - the other mods that depend on it should follow [just copy/pasting the new dll does not fully fix [procedural parts totally the same (not working at all), modular fuel tanks half works sort of randomly (not enough to be useable)]]

Please ignore if you're not a developer-minded person. :)

I've made it work by recompiling against the new KSPAPIExtensions. I'll make a pull request towards the git repo.

As much as I would like too, by keeping the mod running I just meant answering questions and whatnot on the forums. Coding is not my area of expertise (though I am learning at the moment). Thankfully, NathanKell has volunteered to keep Procedural Parts alive until swamp gets back. And taniwha is also maintaining KSPApiExtensions (KAE for those of you who like three letter acronyms), as both this mod and several others rely on it.

Best regards guys ;) this mod deserve some love and attention for sure :)

It does suck, especially for RSS/RO players. I'm somewhat surprised no one over here mentioned lack of 64 bit compatibility when the hack came out.

This is one of the reasons I am glad my RSS/RO install is seperate from my main install, so it didn't update to .24.

Yeah, but is there an ETA for .24 compatibility? I know, patience, but I'm just wondering if there's a guesstimate.

As OtherBarry stated earlier, NathanKell has volunteered to update Procedural Parts and Taniwha is maintaining KSPAPIExtensions during SwamgIG's absence

There has been an update for KSPAPIExtensions already, but NathanKell would be the person to ask about progress on 0.24 compliance beyond that (you can see the commits in the Git so they're working on it)

Edited by NoMrBond

I'm trying to get the things I made myself working. I haven't had a chance to do much with this yet, sorry. I will get to it though.

However, the only thing asking "are we there yet? are we there yet?" does is make me take time away from coding and invest it in forum posts :P

The only thing the pull request does is add support for compiling on OSX. I have tried this with the latest KAE and it still spews errors to log and behaves oddly at times, and is therefore not ready for release.

I'm trying to get the things I made myself working. I haven't had a chance to do much with this yet, sorry. I will get to it though.

However, the only thing asking "are we there yet? are we there yet?" does is make me take time away from coding and invest it in forum posts :P

The only thing the pull request does is add support for compiling on OSX. I have tried this with the latest KAE and it still spews errors to log and behaves oddly at times, and is therefore not ready for release.

Yeah, I was somewhat premature in my celebrations. Sorry.

I reported it on the 10th of July. Might have been too late though : /