[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

I'm not sure why but the tech limits in career mode aren't working. I can change the size of any part to any size I want regardless of tech level. I am positive that I'm not in sandbox mode.

ive got a weird bug as it seems that every procedual tank is working for me, exept the RCS and liquid fuel one... i can place those, but i can neither change the texture nor the size or shape. but for kethane and utilityx tanks it works fine

Edited by dudelsack

Why is it necessary to limit tank length in career? I can get any length I want anyway by stacking more tanks, they weigh the same and hold just as much fuel as one giant tank. I think only diameter should be limited, or at least significantly increase the length limits, I just don't see the point.

Why is it necessary to limit tank length in career? I can get any length I want anyway by stacking more tanks, they weigh the same and hold just as much fuel as one giant tank. I think only diameter should be limited, or at least significantly increase the length limits, I just don't see the point.

+1

I agree, the main reason to use procedural parts is to reduce part count. When your procedural parts are only as long as your longest fuel tank, there's often little reason to use them on the larger stages.

I agree, the main reason to use procedural parts is to reduce part count. When your procedural parts are only as long as your longest fuel tank, there's often little reason to use them on the larger stages.

The tech limits for this mod and procedural fairings aren't working for me in career mode. I've had to practice self control and limit the tanks on my own based on the largest non-procedural parts I have unlocked. Does anyone know a fix for this? I made two clean installs, one with PF and Module manager only, another with only procedural parts and MM. Neither has working tech limits. I can make any ridiculously over-sized tank I want.

I'll look into that when I have a chance.

Also, I am *not* the guy you want changing how techlevels work. Here are the ones I would use.

@PART[proceduralTankRealFuels]:Final
{
@MODULE[ProceduralShape*]
{
!techRequired = dummy
}
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
!TECHLIMIT,*
{}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = start
diameterMin = 0.01
diameterMax = 3.1
lengthMin = 0.01
lengthMax = 25.0
volumeMin = 0.001
volumeMax = 192
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = basicRocketry
diameterMax = 5
lengthMax = 50.0
volumeMax = 982
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = generalRocketry
diameterMax = 8
lengthMax = 100.0
volumeMax = 5100
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = advRocketry
diameterMax = 12
lengthMax = 200.0
volumeMax = 22620
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = heavyRocketry
diameterMax = Infinity
lengthMax = Infinity
volumeMax = Infinity
}
}
}
@PART[proceduralSRBRealFuels]:Final
{
@MODULE[ProceduralShape*]
{
!techRequired = dummy
}
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
!TECHLIMIT,*
{}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = start
diameterMin = 0.01
diameterMax = 0.5
lengthMin = 0.01
lengthMax = 5.0
volumeMin = 0.0001
volumeMax = 9.75
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = basicRocketry
diameterMax = 1.5
lengthMax = 15.0
volumeMax = 27
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = generalRocketry
diameterMax = 3.1
lengthMax = 40.0
volumeMax = 302
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = advRocketry
diameterMax = 7.0
lengthMax = 80.0
volumeMax = 3080
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = heavyRocketry
diameterMax = 15.0
lengthMax = 120.0
volumeMax = 21206
}
TECHLIMIT
{
name = heavierRocketry
diameterMax = Infinity
lengthMax = Infinity
volumeMax = Infinity
}
}
}

I've only just started dabbling with this mod (been using procfairings and procwings for a while now), but I'm dying to make frameworks around cargo and suchlike with girders, but girders seem to be a much unloved part (at least as far as mods go). Is there any possibility of procedural girders in this pack at some stage? Tweakscale works fine for adjusting the diameter of current girders, but not the length. And that would be the thing that might make girders much more convenient to work with.

Failing that, has anyone has come across a girder pack with various length girders? The old RogerCorp pack still works, but it's limited in how it can be used.

Just one thing...

I think you mixed up the Titan Stripes and Redstone textures.

This is Redstone-

NGas5K6.jpg

This is Titan (II)-

UjxQ0Mw.png

Just a little thing i noticed whilst making replicas :)

I may be wrong though...

I've only just started dabbling with this mod (been using procfairings and procwings for a while now), but I'm dying to make frameworks around cargo and suchlike with girders, but girders seem to be a much unloved part (at least as far as mods go). Is there any possibility of procedural girders in this pack at some stage? Tweakscale works fine for adjusting the diameter of current girders, but not the length. And that would be the thing that might make girders much more convenient to work with.

Failing that, has anyone has come across a girder pack with various length girders? The old RogerCorp pack still works, but it's limited in how it can be used.

Yes I do grok it and I suggest the following excellent mods in case you have not seen them...

Cargo Transport Solutions

Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack

and I used THSS in the past which is now updated as

Speedy's Hex Truss System

Yes I do grok it and I suggest the following excellent mods in case you have not seen them...

Cargo Transport Solutions

Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack

and I used THSS in the past which is now updated as

Speedy's Hex Truss System

Kaa253:

I've already got Speedy's, but the other two I hadn't come across before! Having a look at those now. The Cargo Transport looks very promising. Thanks!

NathanKell and swamp_ig:

I still like the idea of procedural girders, so would you guys take this as a feature request for consideration in future versions of the mod? :)

And thanks for the mod work you guys do. I tried looking at the code for procfairings to get some idea of how the procedural stuff works and realised that I haven't the first clue, so the time put into these things is much appreciated.

This sort of mod is precisely why that new partCost coding came in. When the all mighty NK has time free from his life and other mods, he plan's on adding cost scaling functionality amongst other things for a more final 0.24(.1) release of PP.

Wait, is that feature coming? The mod has been updated since this was posted and it's still not here...