Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Model of what? What is SSU? What did you learn? DECQ I think you are pointing that I am using someone's other work. I would never do that. Never. I want to have my hobby clean as it is possible. No stealing of other's work. Just learning through mistakes and watching Digital Tutors videos.

DECQ I think you forgot that this model was developed by me for at least a year. I did not use the NASA or the original one from Rocket2guns.

This is my own creation which I was workig on for whole year.

I do not blame you there is nothing, it's just like two drops of water, and I thought that you have a model of Orbiter2010 SpaceShuttleUltra.

Your model.

9263132_m.png

9263141_m.png

Model SSU.

9263145_m.png

9263147_m.png

Agree to have an excuse to call your models SSU.I do not what do not blame you, but they are too similar.

DECQ

Yeah I know but my model is my own.

The texture is used from web I found. Maybe it is from that SSU you are talking about.

I was on a lot of different sites with textures for the shuttle and for the metal look.

And those front things I always wanted to have them in the shuttle. I heard a lot on youtube that Shuttle is deploying its atmospheric sensors. Never heard about them so I started looking what it is.

And I found on one picture that atmospheric sensors are thsoe little things in the front of shuttle. So I added them.

DECQ

Yeah I know but my model is my own.

The texture is used from web I found. Maybe it is from that SSU you are talking about.

I was on a lot of different sites with textures for the shuttle and for the metal look.

And those front things I always wanted to have them in the shuttle. I heard a lot on youtube that Shuttle is deploying its atmospheric sensors. Never heard about them so I started looking what it is.

And I found on one picture that atmospheric sensors are thsoe little things in the front of shuttle. So I added them.

I think you will understand me, your model is really very good, and she reminded me very SSU. Here is a link to add-on

http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6389

I'm sorry, and please continue to work on it.

I think you will understand me, your model is really very good, and she reminded me very SSU. Here is a link to add-on

http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6389

I'm sorry, and please continue to work on it.

DECQ no problem. I used a lot of images from web. Real shuttle images but also images from 3D objects like from this site http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/space-shuttle-discovery-3d-model/266980

and from this site http://www.gandoza.com/3d-aircraft/spacecraft-models.html?p=2

Those guys are great. So I used those pics as reference too.

Anyway it would be easy to just use someone's other work , modify a bit in Maya and send it to Dragoon and pretend like nothing happened, that it is my model. With this approach we would have the shuttle within 2 weeks in September 2014.

But I wanted to do it myself and not use someone's other work.

So it is taking me more than 1 year to finish it. And you know why ? Cause I had to relearn the mechanics of 3d modeling from scratch. So first few months I watched Digital Tutors videos and read about 3 books about modeling in Maya.

And I was lucky that I have a family friend who is working for game company in Vancouver ( Canada ) as a 3d artist. So I sent him my model a few times for check. And well the results are this is the 6th model of the shuttle.

All others had some mistakes and model errors according to that friend. Well he wanted from me to find them and learn from them.

So every time I saw his response about not good I started from scratch.

This 6th model I have not sent him for check. I am too afraid to get bad response again. I put so much time to this 6th model...

I appreciate all the time and effort you've put into developing the mod. From the screenshots you've posted throughout the thread, the models look amazing. Love the dedication and hard work.

I love this mod, and have used it since 2nd release.

But there is 2 problems with the current release for 1.0.4

The SRB's wont fire upon launch, i looked and the fuel gauge was completely empty.

The wheels are too big for Enterprise.

Just letting you know, not trying to be pushy, sorry if i was.

I love this mod, and have used it since 2nd release.

But there is 2 problems with the current release for 1.0.4

The SRB's wont fire upon launch, i looked and the fuel gauge was completely empty.

The wheels are too big for Enterprise.

Just letting you know, not trying to be pushy, sorry if i was.

Thats the other thread your looking for.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121748-Space-Shuttle-Pack-for-ksp-1-0-4-dev-thread/page149

And yes its the realism overhaul patch that is causing issues. Look for another fixed release within 12 hours from now.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Have some updates.

Planning to have two versions of the Shuttle. One for Dragoon as replica of the real one. He can do with it what he wants.

The other one will be shuttle with my own ideas I have in my mind. It will not be exactly replica of the real one. That shuttle will have some upgrades :)

EDIT: Or I will just give up the replica ( leave this to Sampa and his team ) and work on that shuttle which will have my ideas in it.

Edited by Jovzin

Well, it looks like we are back here. We wanted a flyable shuttle and MikeNZ gave us that, sadly, it is no longer. It was a sad sight to say the least when I turned to the forums once again to check on the development and noticed the forum had been closed.

I do hope and wish the best for Mike as he continues his own paths.

Now, its time to get down to business. Dragoon needs to get on this ASAP. If we are to have a shuttle, blast it (pun intended), we must have the best! Best of luck Dragoon and may gravity assist you in your space endeavors!

Yo, I came here as quick as I could as soon as I heard about the drama. Here for config work and testing if anyone needs me. A quick idea I had was to align the navball view with the thrust vector for the engines instead of the nose so you don't have to guesstimate the AoA for your maneuvers.

Edited by Quarky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/12/2015 at 11:28 AM, Curiosity7907 said:

Is there a way to stop it fliping over and wobbling?

You can use Mike-NZ SPP for the time being. CSS new version is in development but not ready yet.  Or if you like a bit of a new scifi shuttle merged with some functions from space cargo ships and inter-planetary travel ships you can wait for my development release of my own scifi shuttle mod after new year, bcs I got some spare time to work on my ideas finally. 

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know what mod this module belongs too?

MODULE
{
name = BDTextureSwitch
moduleID = 0
objectNames = TankMapped
textureRootFolder = Space_Shuttle/Parts/ExternalTank/
textureNames = ETLight;ETDark;ETWhite;ETTAN
textureDisplayNames = SLWT;LWT;ST;TAN
nextButtonText = Next Paint Job    
switchableInFlight = false

}

this also is suppose to change the textures in the VAB to switch names on the wings like "Atlantis" and also to paint what color your external tank is suppose to be. So far this module does not work in 1.0.5

On 21.01.2016 at 8:21 AM, lextacy said:

anyone ??

new space shuttle developed, this is not playable for 1.0.5, a module for Firespitter also changed this does not work as far as I understand.