Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

12 hours ago, DECQ said:

new space shuttle developed, this is not playable for 1.0.5, a module for Firespitter also changed this does not work as far as I understand.

found a fix -

change BDTextureSwitch  to FStextureSwitch2 

• 5 weeks later...

Three things you forgot:

1. The cargo bay doors are supposed to open all the way, until they barely touch the wings of the shuttle.

2. The bay doors have radiators lining the inside. Two of those radiators fold up a tiny bit after bay door opening. They are colored blue like solar panels.

3. The antenna, which folds out of the cargo bay (right behind the cockpit.

Flgzb.jpg

img10C.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2016 at 2:36 AM, Matuchkin said:

Three things you forgot:

1. The cargo bay doors are supposed to open all the way, until they barely touch the wings of the shuttle.

2. The bay doors have radiators lining the inside. Two of those radiators fold up a tiny bit after bay door opening. They are colored blue like solar panels.

3. The antenna, which folds out of the cargo bay (right behind the cockpit.

Flgzb.jpg

img10C.jpg

See below, and also the model is more accurate, including the radiators 

3 hours ago, abver09 said:

Dragon01, the master link is not working, now were can i download Component Space Shuttle, help!

This version is really quite outdated. This one is more up to date, and has a download available 

Edit: Link changed to another, more up to date mod. DL at the bottom of the OP :) 

Edited by MrMeeb
Changed like to newer mod

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Goat Master said:

Please someone update this mod for 1.0.5 I've been looking for a space shuttle mod and had no luck

Honestly, I don't know how people find this thread...read the post above!

3 hours ago, Goat Master said:

I'm not sure why but it's not working, do I have to download the original CSS mod as well

No you don't...and you should ask in that mod's thread. Make sure you've installed it correctly - copy "ETC" and "SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM" into your GameData folder

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hanhan658 said:

But how can others downlod it then?

Well, it'd require someone to submit a payload in the first place for it to be put up for DL...you can't download a payload that doesn't exist ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.1.2016 at 4:28 AM, lextacy said:

found a fix -

change BDTextureSwitch  to FStextureSwitch2 

Hey Lextacy,

can you decribe please, in which file do i have to change this?

BTW:

On   http://spacedock.info/mod/268/CSS-_Component_Space_Shuttle  was a new Version released, but when i try to install it on 1.1 the SSME´s wont be placed and the OMS even have no mounting points. The Cargo bay stays always open. 

Has anyone made the trick of getting this awesome mod running on 1.1?

I would downgrade my steam-installation on mac to 1.0.5 if i could.... But i have no idea how to do this... :-(

Greetings from Kerbal outer Space

Schneemannski

9 hours ago, schneemannski said:

Hey Lextacy,

can you decribe please, in which file do i have to change this?

BTW:

On   http://spacedock.info/mod/268/CSS-_Component_Space_Shuttle  was a new Version released, but when i try to install it on 1.1 the SSME´s wont be placed and the OMS even have no mounting points. The Cargo bay stays always open. 

Has anyone made the trick of getting this awesome mod running on 1.1?

I would downgrade my steam-installation on mac to 1.0.5 if i could.... But i have no idea how to do this... :-(

Greetings from Kerbal outer Space

Schneemannski

Hello and great days.   I would tell you what config file that is , but sadly 1.1 really destroyed this mod. And that spacedock mod was a rip off of Dragon01's fork done by MikeNZ and its not even close to being compatible with 1.1 .The uploader is a piece of crap and stealing peoples mods. If you look at the configs they havnt even been touched such as still using the old BDtextureSwitch which was antiquated years ago. This is my bounty list of issues with CSS and 1.1.

1. Firespitter has a conflict with FSTextureSwitch2. This is now broke as Firespitter has no 1.1 update

2. The SSME and OMS engines might mount, but at the altitude of 7000 your craft will lose its COM as others have also submitted for complaint. Also the engines might fail to produce thrust. The staging icons for those engines have disappeared. This could be due to a new thrust vectoring system Squad rolled out.

3.The airlocks , both the docking one and the one on the side of the shuttle now no longer let you back inside. KSP 1.1 might have did a change that broke it, but I have no theory at this time.

Edited by lextacy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've seen this mod before and I think it looks great! But, whenever I download it for KSP 1.1, in the loading screen it says I should use 1.0.4, and when I go to the VAB the parts aren't there.:(

Edited by Edlu Kerman
Spelling mistakes!

19 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

the cargo bays are stuck open idk how to close them any idea how to fix it? I can't close them

I would suggest that you stop using this extremely outdated mod, and use the shuttle mod linked above multiple times by many forum users including myself :) 

46 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

I would suggest that you stop using this extremely outdated mod, and use the shuttle mod linked above multiple times by many forum users including myself :) 

I got this from space dock

38 minutes ago, Adam Kerman said:

I got this from space dock

And Spacedock said that it is outdated. Last Upate was on 2016-04-25 for KSP 1.1. 

Again:

As you can see in the last posts: this mod isn`t updated for 1.1.x. It doesn`t work.

But here`s another great Shuttle-Mod.