Wobbly...ness?

Dakho

Hey all,

I'm a somewhat seasoned kerballer and have recently decided to delve into the world of mods hoping to add more to the already awesome base game. I can't post a screenshot at the moment since I'm not at home but basically the issue I'm having is that I built a self contained kethane ship (tanks,converters,drills etc) and it launches attached to an orange tank via a large docking port. My plan was to leave the orange tank and big engine in orbit while my kethane ship lands, harvests the fuel, meets back up with the tank and then we're off to another destination. My plan was going swimmingly until the kethane ship docked back with the orange tank and somehow became much more wobbly than it had been originally. I figured using the large docking port would have reduced the wobble between the two ships but as it stands right now when I re-dock it becomes unflyable from the wobble :( . I'll try and post a screenshot later but any tips would be appreciated. As an FYI I am using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement which I also figured would have prevented it. Thanks!

Are you using the most up-to-date version of KJR? Also, how large are the masses on either side of the docking port? It doesn't matter how much stiffening KJR attempts to apply, if you put a stupid amount of mass on either end of a docking port there's nothing that can be done to help besides redesigning the entire ship.

From my experience, time-warping for a moment fixes conundrums like this as it disables physics temporarily. So the moment you dock, prepare your forward warp button if things get nasty with wobble! In the immortal words of danny2462, "Time-warp fixes everything!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.