Mun Base finished

After quite a couple of hours i could finally finish my Mun base today. I estimate the total work time on the base and it's modules and the technology to deliver and assemble it was around 50 hours of game time. It currently consists of 18 modules made of a total of 697 parts plus a few service vehicles. It's all stock parts, no mods. It took maybe a total of 25 landings (including accidents) to get all the modules, rovers and improved designs there.

Some might know where this base is ...

mun_base_01.jpg

Station modules include (somewhat left to right in the following image): storage containers, drilling tower, fuel supplies, solar power plant, comunications tower, cross section with more storage containers, laboratory module, large habitat (that had an accident) and so on.

mun_base_02.jpg

In this image some of the service vehicles are visible. In the foreground is a large tank rover for refueling space craft, in the background there is the base module mover, a crew shuttle and far away a lifter that just brought the last of the base modules.

mun_base_03.jpg

Most of the modules were transferred by a "space train" to the Mun and then delivered by "lifters". In the foreground a lifter just departed with a large habitat module. At the rear end of the space train stacks of storage and laboratory modules are visible that all need to be delivered.

mun_base_04.jpg

I'm glad that first thing i did was to set up a permanent orbital station before i began with the work on the base. When the space train arrived at the Mun there was an accident and 2 base modules needed a new home, so i could rescue them and parked them at the orbital station until i could deliver them. They are the comunications tower and a cross with a lifter docked to them waiting for delivery. After all modules of the "space train" were delivered, the remaining fuel and mono tanks were brought to this station too.

mun_base_05.jpg

Of course this was just an exercise and test of concept/technology before i start setting up a base on Duna. It's quite a dia show there now though, so i actually think about a new base technology that reduces part count significantly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.