Sandbox Mode: Deleting default/stock rockets.

I'm playing in sandbox and all of these ready made rockets that are ready made are getting in the way of my OCD.

Is there any way to delete them? I don't understand why the button is disabled. It's annoying having to go through all of my alphabetised rockets and assemblies with all of these rockets and planes I'm never going to use cluttering up the lists.

Edited by Vozlov

Go into your save file -> VAB/SPH and remove the .craft files.

If you want to get rid of all the ones that come in the stock KSP and every plugin just go to the VAB and SPH folders and delete the .craft files. That will get rid of them from the game so you don't have to worry about them ever again. I did this with all of my downloads because most of the plugin crafts are cool but ultimately suck for what I do.

Stock craft are in a directory off of the KSP directory. Not in your saves/.../VAB directory.I don't recall the name of the directory (I'm not at my KSP machine), but I think it is at KSP/ships/VAB. Again, NOT in the save game directories. Those are your creations.

EDIT:

Also, deleting the stock .craft from the KSP directory removes them from the VAB/SPH for all games.

Edited by Claw

Yeah, don't delete in your own saved game file because that will wipe out your own saved ships. Clear out the "ships" folder in your KSP main folder, and then the stock ships will not appear in any of your save files within that version of KSP.

Go to your KSP directory (the one where you also see "saves" and "Screenshots" folders)

Make a backup copy of the "Ships" folder, either into a differently named folder, or compress it into a zip file (it's good to keep these files, you may find that you want to try something with some of them eventually).

Delete all files in that folder and its subfolders but keep the folder structure (it should contain VAB and SPH subfolders).

Cheers people. Very helpful.

Yeah I backed them up in case I ever need them, or in case I ever need to figure out how to do something specific. I'm not on landers and such yet, still building my first space station. Got my heavy lifters sorted and the first sections in place. Now I don't have to sift through stuff I'll never use though and everything looks so much tidier. OCD +1!

Thanks again.

If you only want to remove the stock ships from appearing in one save game's VAB and not all of them you can edit that saved game's persistent file. Find the section labeled DIFFICULTY and change AllowStockVessels to False.

Interesting fact: You can also turn off crew respaws (so Jeb and Co. stay dead) by setting "AllowCrewRespawn" to false.

You can change a lot of parameters in the persistence file, for example you can disable launching straight from the VAB. This means you'll have to use the launchpad to launch every craft. It's annoying, but it means it's almost impossible to launch with the wrong crew.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.