NASA Asteroid Redirect Mission Pack/0.23.5 Images: now with 100% more SLS

Mach_XXII

Lemme make more sense. How did the press get it? I want .23.5 nao please.

Starting many releases ago, Squad formed a media team including youtubers and streamers with more than a set number of viewers (for some reason I'm remembering the number 250, but I'm likely wrong). Since that release, this team has received experimental releases in order to create buzz for the new releases and to show us the upcoming features.

It also generally shows a release of some kind is impending, but that final testing is still in progress and it will be done when its done. I saw crashes during the streams.

My best advice is "patience, my friend." I'm salivating over this release as well.

Really? Seems fine to me.

So you wouldn't complain when you game crashes repeatedly? The game crashed several times during the live streaming event.

The media gets it so they can make videos for you to watch and get excited about...

But also many of these people are also on the testing team so they've had test builds for a while and it's just that the NDA for this release has been lifted so they can talk about it.

The game in essence is good enough to show but not yet good enough to release. It'll get released when they've ironed out the bigger bugs.

Bailed out? That's... new.

I was thinking the same thing watching the video! Are we getting built-in protection from spinning, plummeting SSTOs? I liked playing my chances with the kerbals bouncing off the ground (even it it was a one-in-a-million chance).

Rune. I'm re-checking the youtube comments now, but that's a big haystack to search for a needle.

My guess?

Career will be expanded in .24 and along with the introduction of the LES, it suggests that astronaut stats will be tracked and it may be advantageous to protect the lives of specific kerbals.

But that could be complete rubbish.

We need some 2.5 meter tanks to go with the liquid boosters, it looks so appaling having those 2 orange tanks.

I agree that we need at least one stock SLS 2m liquid fuel tank. It just looks weird having one of the current 2m tanks thrown on the top of the new 2m SLS liquid booster. But on the whole I do quite look forward to receiving the finished version of this pack :D

I can't embrace the orangeness.... It just looks so out of place.. same as on the inspiration drawing/painting/picture thingy (though not so much because they have the same texture and it's literally a different colour paint. The in-game ones are slightly too different to match, if that makes sense..

When you dock mutiple rockets to one asteroid, does it all act like one rocket like being docked or are they separate because I think the best way to land an asteroid on Kerbal is to guide it to the atmosphere, dock 5 or so structures full of parachutes and let the parachutes do their thing but if every rocket is separate it might not work as you would have to deploy them all separately .

When you dock mutiple rockets to one asteroid, does it all act like one rocket like being docked or are they separate because I think the best way to land an asteroid on Kerbal is to guide it to the atmosphere, dock 5 or so structures full of parachutes and let the parachutes do their thing but if every rocket is separate it might not work as you would have to deploy them all separately .

It should act as a space station; the entire thing becomes one massive ship.

I see now the stats and shape of this new incoming engine. And my first thought again is, "I should put one hundred of these on something."

Poor you. You can't play it. If a genie said i could make three wishes, first one would be for me to have a really awesome computer, second one would be for .23.5 to come out, finished, today, and last one would be for you to have the best computer commercially available.

I see now the stats and shape of this new incoming engine. And my first thought again is, "I should put one hundred of these on something."
Why do I suddenly have a vision of an asteroid-capture ship that is actually bigger than the asteroid?

Why do I suddenly have a vision of an asteroid-capture ship that is actually bigger than the asteroid?

Astronomers Discover Ring Around Asteroid

…but it turned out that Whackjob was just launching an asteroid back into space from Kerbin's surface!

Below: Artist's conception of the new ringed asteroid:

irfKiD0.jpg

Edited by Brotoro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.