A game of chicken (with air ressistance)

I came up with this challenge when I reentered with Jeb still on a spacewalk. He survived, and for the next 1/2 hour I played with my idea, trying to get lower and lower with Jeb still outside and bring him back inside the ship before he ploughed into the ground. So the challenge is; how low can you go outside of the capsule while reentering (with the kerbal alive afterwards)?

So the rules are:

#1: the only craft allowed is the Kerbal X rocket so that the crafts air ressistance is equal for everyone.

#2: the challenge entry must have a screenshot of ascending, kerbal(s) exiting the craft, the craft dropping below 70km, Kerbal(s) reentering the craft (at any height below 70km to be valid), and the craft landing with Kerbal(s).

#3: no cheats.

#4: no use of parachutes allowed. Its freefalling all the way. But you can activate parachutes when the kerbal(s) get inside.

The score is judged by how far you go before getting into your ship and how many kerbals are outside (and survive). So 1km = 1Point, and 1 kerbal outside = 1 X (amount of points). For example; I managed to go down as far as 39km with 2 kerbals on EVA. Then I got into my ship and flew both down safely. So 70-39=31. And 31X2=62. I got 62points. And I landed all kerbals safely so those points are valid.

i wish you guys luck. Don't hesitate to tell me what could improve this challenge.

Edited by One-Way Films

parachutes???

i mean 2 pods side-by-side. connected by that frame thingy, equipped with ladder connecting both pods, while both pods have their parachutes deployed.... dont you think it's somehow possible?

nevermind, i didnt read the kerbal X rocket only rule

oh, crap. I forgot to add the rule for no parachutes. And Yes, I guess you get more points for more kerbals outside. Riding up... if you can with Jeb still there on the ladder at apolapse, then yes. more points. I'll edit the challenge now

No parachutes?

So we must use a stock Kerbal-X rocket (which comes with a parachute), but are disqualified if our rocket has a parachute?

read the rules properly. no USE of parachutes, not if there's a parachute on the rocket your disqualified. I understand the rule didn't exist when this reply was given, but wait for me to add the rule in a whole before telling me to send the challenge out of range of the Sun's light in future, ok? good.

It's interesting, I might try doing it!

Maybe there could be a parachute, but it could be opened only at like 5000 metres or less above the surface. Of course, there's no way to see if the parachute was deployed, as you can deploy and cut it infinitely... Also, taking screenshots while controlling your kerbal during reentry may be major pain. I think most of the users here are fair-players... :)

jmiki8, dont bother.

If you make an entry, he will just edit his rules again , then say you are a lying cheat because your entry doesnt match his NEW rules.

:D

The challenge is to find the true challenge !

Anyway, as long as you're outside atmosphere, it's will be ok, but when drag came into play, pppffff bye bye kerbals, as their weight will always be lighter than any crew capable parts*, and as we can't play like James Bond (don't remember which one, when the crazy guys move out planes and chase each others), kerbals are doomed to be smashed on the ground.

*unless there is one where part drag brakes its fall and make the kerbal faster**

** oups: new rule I guess: no/with FAR, no drag cheats (including add part to pod in order to increase the drag)