What style do you want the SLS parts to be?

Comrade Jenkens

What stlye do you want the NASA parts to be?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What stlye do you want the NASA parts to be?

• Complete NASA replicas
    • Kerbal style which simply fill the same niche
    • A mix of the two

I like the balance that Frizzank has in his Mercury/Gemini (now saturn 1b) pack. It keeps the look of the spacecraft but fits it into the kerbal world. On the other hand a choice would also be nice, but If I had to choose I would go with the balanced approach.

They are already non-stock-like by being 5m parts as I heard, so stock-like textures would be kinda pointless.

Stock-like means the art style and relative power. The arts style being a sort of cute, mildly steampunk, rough/dirty/used texture, and a specific color palette. Opposite descriptions might include the words; clean, sexy, futuristic, sharp or realistic. The relative power means that the size progression matches the increases of effectiveness of parts as a function of size/weight.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

If you apply the usual scaling factor used in KSP, then the parts come out at something just over 5 meters... therefore the 5 meter size class seems likely. What intrigues me most is whether or not we'll see stock parts in the 3.75m "gap" as well.

Well, I just used some proportions setting 2.5/x is to 5/8.4, (2.5 is the stock command pod, 5 is the Orion, and 8.4 the core stage), and 4.2 would be the proper size for the new parts. Although I think 3.75 would be more appropriate as this is KSP. 3.75 is also utilized in mod packs and looks close enough to match the SLS. Oh, and looking back at that, 2.5 is just half of 5 (obviously) so half of 8.4 is the proper size.

If they're making a new command pod, 3.125 meters would size it proportionally to the Mk1-2 pod (assuming the *potential* new one is Orion and the current one is Apollo sized). A tank size of 5.25 meters would match this, but that could be rounded to 5 meters. All just ideas, I have no idea what they'll actually do. The fact that it's a surprise is part of what makes this so exciting! :)

I prefer kerbal-ized analogs. Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter as pointed out earlier has a nice art style, and FASA does their analogs very nicely as well.

Edited by Woopert

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.