Do You Deorbit Old Satellites/Stations?

NASAFanboy

Do You Deorbit Stations/Satellites?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Deorbit Stations/Satellites?

• No
    • Yes

That's quite the Kessler Syndrome.

You would not believe the amount of stuff in my orbit. Seriously, there are only like twenty active satellites, but enough scrap to make atleast another sixty.

I build space stations the size of mountains just so I can go at them with missiles.

I used to keep old useless spacecraft on the orbit... But as soon as I updated Interstellar, I discovered that deorbiting stuff may give you some science! And now, all this useless junk is being deorbited.

A fun one was when I accidentally launched a 30 ton space station module with a Kerbal trapped in a module who's hatch was blocked. Decided to carefully attach parachute/jet-engine retro rocket rigs to its docking ports and carefully set it back down near KSP.

Well, usually I don't. When I want to replace a station in the same orbit, I do deorbit them, but when it's just an old satellite or an empty stage I give them the type debris and forget it. When there's too much debris the game deletes it automatically.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.