The ARM megathread

KvickFlygarn87

Right at this moment, there is completely no sense in playing KSP. If you were planning on porting your save to 0.23.5, nothing is stopping you, but remember-if you use a 0.23 save in 0.23.5, no asteroids will spawn, and nice everyone wants asteroids, pretty much everyone will have to start a new save. I am going to start a new one, and doing any missions in my old save doesn't make sense to me since the update could be released the second I start a mission in my old save.

Squad, better hurry up, otherwise you might lose a lot of players!

But... if Squad doesn't hurry up you'd have plenty of time to finish a mission, wouldn't you? Also, merging this with the ARM megathread.

if you use a 0.23 save in 0.23.5, no asteroids will spawn, and nice everyone wants asteroids, pretty much everyone will have to start a new save.

Huh? Seriously? They didn't hype about that somehow.

We are all excited about the new release but I doubt anyone that is excited enough about this game to post on the forums awaiting the release of a new patch is going to just leave because they take a little while to release an update. And for people that don't hang out on the forum and just play the game might not even know anything about the next update. I get your point but I doubt they are in any risk of losing a lot of players over this.

Right at this moment, there is completely no sense in playing KSP. If you were planning on porting your save to 0.23.5, nothing is stopping you, but remember-if you use a 0.23 save in 0.23.5, no asteroids will spawn, and nice everyone wants asteroids, pretty much everyone will have to start a new save. I am going to start a new one, and doing any missions in my old save doesn't make sense to me since the update could be released the second I start a mission in my old save.

Who cares?

Youre really going to stop playing a sandbox game because there is an update that will ruin your save?

I cant tell you how many hundreds of hours I put into multiplayer maps in minecraft only to have them break with updates. It didnt matter to me because it was fun to start over.

It is the same way with KSP. All I need is memories and screenshots. Old saved games have very little value.

0.23 isn't any less fun because 0.23.5 is close. I'll keep playing it until a new version is available.

I'm actually less excited about asteroids than I am about new parts and stronger joints, but even so I'm fairly confident the mod community here will find a way to activate asteroids in 0.23 saves.

Right at this moment, there is completely no sense in playing KSP. If you were planning on porting your save to 0.23.5, nothing is stopping you, but remember-if you use a 0.23 save in 0.23.5, no asteroids will spawn, and nice everyone wants asteroids, pretty much everyone will have to start a new save.

How the hell do you know that?

There's plenty to do while you wait. As for me, I'm brushing up on basic skills and practicing rendezvous with objects on hyperbolic trajectories. I'm sending ships through Kerbin's SOI from Kerbol orbit and docking (or trying to dock) with them at different angles of approach. It's not as easy as it looks in some of the teaser videos lol!

Right at this moment, there is completely no sense in playing KSP. If you were planning on porting your save to 0.23.5, nothing is stopping you, but remember-if you use a 0.23 save in 0.23.5, no asteroids will spawn, and nice everyone wants asteroids, pretty much everyone will have to start a new save.

There isn't nothing to do for me. I'm testing out the mods I'm going to use when I start my new save (when 0.23.5 comes out)

You can stop playing if you want. But, remember, Squad has been saying "any day now" for quite some time. Depending on the bugs they find, you could be waiting a few days to several weeks. In the meantime, I'm working on a career mode mission to Laythe.

Is this what I think it is:

" 220201/manifests/previous: 7104947787544389563 › 3620846789892868422

220202/manifests/previous: 2411048103804934444 › 6487460773391791506

220203/manifests/previous: 2008136666011923180 › 4150606788864486626

branches/previous/buildid: 130424 › 159708"

Are they pushing a build from one group of subscribers to another?

20 hours without any uploads to the Steam database. I'm hoping that this is promising news!

thats right, no updated for 20 hours and that means Squad is closing its doors and shutting down :P

They update the previous build branch on steam !

Oh yes! That's a good sign. Maybe they uploaded 0.23 to previous branch and now they are preparing to upload 0.23.5 to public branch.

MAYBE!

-snip-

I think that we could somehow convert the save files from 0.23 to spawn asteroids. I will do research ASAP.

A thing from 20 hours ago

Changed Depots

• 220202/encryptedmanifests/experimentals/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
  • 220202/maxsize: <del>1613243278</del> › <ins>1613244302</ins>
  • branches/experimentals/buildid: <del>224318</del> › <ins>224329</ins>

A thing from 10 min ago

Changed Depots

• 220203/encryptedmanifests/scratchpad/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
  • 220203/maxsize: <del>1710131467</del> › <ins>1710131509</ins>
  • branches/scratchpad/buildid: <del>225074</del> › <ins>225084</ins>

As you can see, its higher buildID, which means something changed, something like bugs being fixed and stuff. But the main change is that theres no "experimentals" in it, which is the last phase of development, right before release. It is instead changed to "scratchpad". I have no idea what it is but we are close.

<ins></ins>

Edited by KasperVld
English only on the forums

Crap. Back to scratchpad uploads.

EDIT: Actually, no... it's the first time the scratchpad upload size matched the experimental upload size.

DOUBLE EDIT: Nevermind. There's a small change in the file size. The scratchpad is not the same size as the experimental. In my mind, this is equivalent to "back to the drawing board".

TRIPLE EDIT: All three are up on the scratch pad. I wonder if this is a test deployment. So confusing. The file size change is tiny (40bytes).

QUADRUPLE EDIT:

Branches

NAME DESCRIPTION BUILD ID PASSWORD

scratchpad 225089 Yes

experimentals Exp Testing branch 224329 Yes

Yeah, the buildID on the scratch pad is newer. I don't think that's a good sign. Not sure though.

This is about as useful as reading tea leaves.

Edited by FlexGunship

As you can see, its higher buildID, which means something changed, something like bugs being fixed and stuff. But the main change is that theres no "experimentals" in it, which is the last phase of development, right before release. It is instead changed to "scratchpad". I have no idea what it is but we are close.

scratchpad has nothing to do with a release :)

Does it matter that the "previous stable" and "public' build IDs on steam are now identical. That would suggest that .23 is now both. The store still lists .22 as stable/previous and .23 as current. I haven't been following the build IDs closely enough to *now if this is a recent development. Can anyone confirm whether steam is still serving .22 as a previous/stable?

Scatchpad seems to be a wor*ing folder used by Squad, rather than the experimentals folder open to beta testers. Between updates we see nothing going to experimentals. A shift to it is generally announced by Squad as a milestone towards a release. So a move bac* to scratchpad is understood as a step bac*wards. (Of course .24 development could be using scratchpad while .23.5 is in experimentals).

Edited by Sandworm

What are Scratchpad updates, anyways?

In general terms, it's where you upload things that are not intended to be downloaded (even by your testers). Most often it's for changes to be reviewed by devs. Scratchpad is for devs to test. Experimental is for testers to test. Release is for players to test.

I don't *now what it means in Steam-specific lingo.

Is anyone else having all of their "*s" replaced with asteris*s? Or is there a problem with my mobile browser?

EDIT: this is the first scratchpad upload that has a file size as near as I can tell. I don't *now if that actually changes anything or if more display options of the history trac*ers have been enabled.

Edited by FlexGunship