Payload Outfitter

I was thinking and I think implementing a building where we can take payload holders like the stock mini experiment payload and the goo canister and put in our own items to experiment with. Like if i explore the oceans of Kerbin and I find fish i should be able to put them into a canister or payload in this building and then bring it in as a Sub-Assembly and launch it to collect science. much like in the 0.22 update video where there was an octopus being put into the canister.

I think it should include 4 main items,

. payload canisters

. collection canisters (used to collect organisms for later)

. Several organisms (mostly on kerbin at first)

. new building (where you can build science experiments in payload canisters)

This would add great depth to experiments an science because you could actually simulate exploration.

I dont think you need a whole new building for this but it could be great content for the mobile processing lab. I was just advocating for extrakerbestrial life, and having canisters you can collect and bring critters on kerbin into space for observation and science points seems like a great segway into that. Recovered specimens could be viewable at the R+D facility, loaded into science modules in the VAB, and you could observe them in different environments in IVA in the science lab module after launch, much the way they bring all sorts of things up to the ISS to see how they behave in zero g.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.