Final build thoughts

Okay with all the upgrades and updates sense KSP was first released. What do you think the final build of the game will look like? Do you think we will see more NASA backed add ons, maybe othe private companies will want packs to like SpaceX. I think the start of NASA's involvement with KSP has only just begun.

Keep in mind that the New big Single engine (KR-2L) that looks like enlarged Mainsail is better in Atmosphere (ISP 380 Asl) than in Vacuum (ISP 280 Vac) which makes them great for radial mounted Boosters but pretty bad for upper Stages

It looks like that's a bug with the new engine-it'll be corrected the other way around before the big release:wink:

Keep in mind that the New big Single engine (KR-2L) that looks like enlarged Mainsail is better in Atmosphere (ISP 380 Asl) than in Vacuum (ISP 280 Vac) which makes them great for radial mounted Boosters but pretty bad for upper Stages

Felipe confirmerd exactly the reverse, so maybe is a .cfg compilation fail :)

Okay with all the upgrades and updates sense KSP was first released. What do you think the final build of the game will look like? Do you think we will see more NASA backed add ons, maybe othe private companies will want packs to like SpaceX. I think the start of NASA's involvement with KSP has only just begun.

Starting to get the point we need to improve the VAB UI again. Separate those engines / fuel tanks a bit with sub tabs. So many parts :D. I except to see more cooperation with NASA, and potentially other space agencies to add select things to the game. For example, a massive "telescope" part that allows you to spot asteroids in SOI's beyond Kerbin. (except the sun, obviously), and of course the long waited 2nd gas giant ;p

Improved performance, though still a bit limited by unity.

The main focuses of the game will be single-player career mode and multiplayer sandbox. Single-player sandbox will be thought of as somewhat secondary. Parts will be balanced mainly with career in mind; it's possible performance figures might differ between career and sandbox, at least until you fully "upgrade" everything in career.

No mining or resource exploration, as they would make it feel too much like Civilization IN SPACE.

More and better tutorials and scenarios.

A redo of most models and textures, to give a more unified art style.

A much more developed Kerbin, that actually feels somewhat like a populated planet rather than just a space centre on an empty world.

SNIP

A much more developed Kerbin, that actually feels somewhat like a populated planet rather than just a space centre on an empty world.

But I like the Space Center on an Empty World, Then I don't have to worry about dropping my command pod in Someones back yard. (Or a booster on their head)

KR-2LYargnit_zps05c9af93.png

From the stream the other night. Looks like a normal Isp curve to me.

Starting to get the point we need to improve the VAB UI again. Separate those engines / fuel tanks a bit with sub tabs. So many parts :D.
And then you add some mods and you have massive 8-10 page list to find that one engine that you need. Perhaps a possibility to filter with size filter and/or fuel type filter (i.e. Only 3.5 meter SRBs). Perhaps even dropdown menu for mod (Squad, Kethane, KW Rocketry and so on)?

I think that the final build will be filled with bloatware and laggy.

Unity just is not made for these kind of things.

people simply never read why the devs chose unity and whenever there is a performance issue they blame it on unity not being cryengine.

-snip-

No mining or resource exploration, as they would make it feel too much like Civilization IN SPACE.

You don't seem to get the point that resource mining was never cancelled, what was shelved (again not cancelled) was the original format they initially tried it in...

Ok, well, the final release will probably have many realism improvements (aerodynamics specifically) and we will have more places to visit, additional things to do on other planets, probably some non-career mode things too.

AI s, though in pretty minor forms, probably like airtraffic.

More effects, additional functions in the VAB/SPH.

More rover and airplane things aswell as base things....

since its less than a 1/4 complete, we don't really have a big clue as to what might happen...

That vacuum Isp is actually really good, considering its power level.
The J-2 clone is a better Mainsail, really. Though from what I can tell, the RS-25 clones are more impressive in Isp if not TWR. (The booster version, however, is silly.)

I wonder if they'll be tweaked.

do YOU, think they are going to skip version numbers ? and even then do YOU think they will stop updating after that ?

not me....

I don't think they will use all the numbers between 0.24 and 0.99 before 1.0 arrives. At least, I really hope not, we wouldn't see 1.0 this decade. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.