"reopen" maneuver node?

I've played for a bit and now I'm trying to reach other planets. I orbit Kerbin, set up a maneuver node, put prograde power there - and then I have to zoom out to see where my orbit ends up. So far so good.

However, then the maneuver node "handles" disappear while I'm looking. I can't just click it because there is too much stuff near my craft (satellites, space station, etc). So I have to zoom all the way back in, click on the maneuver node, then zoom out again before I can adjust my orbit and see where it goes.

There must be an easier way. Is there some sort of keyboard shortcut to "reopen" the maneuver node without requiring me to zoom all the way back in? I searched the wiki but didn't find anything - perhaps I don't know which term to search, though.

Edited by nohelmet

This is what I do.

Zoom out, change your view and everything so you can find your target, then zoom back into your node and click it. It will come up. NEVER CLICK AGAIN. Well, not never, but if you click, it'll go away again.

Now, zoom back out to where you were and now you can modify your node.

(Or install PreciseNode, a more civilized node editor for a more civilized age)

If you can see at lest the edge of the "star" marker of your maneuver, hover your mouse over it. It will enlarge a little. Then you can click and it will open.

Or you can click into the mess of lines and icons and with a bit of luck the node will open too. You'll highlight all kinds of periapses and apoapses in the process, though, and the maneuver vicinity may become a bit messy due to all the yellow text being drawn one over another.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Maneuver nodes are getting and Update in 0.23.5.

You are now able to fine-tune your Orbit with your mousewheel. You just mouse-over the direction you want to tune and rolle your mousewheel. Also you can set the Node to your next obital pass or the one after that, by rightclicking on the Node (locking the node) and clicking on "next Orbit" or "previous Orbit". These Buttons will be displayed like the "X" on the Node-Ring.

If you want to unlock the Node, just rightclick it and you can tune it again.

Thank you for all the advice! I'm playing on the laptop, and it sounds like the maneuver node is closing because I click by accident. I'll also try hiding the other things to make it easier to reopen the node.

Thank you for all the advice! I'm playing on the laptop, and it sounds like the maneuver node is closing because I click by accident. I'll also try hiding the other things to make it easier to reopen the node.

Closing maneuver nodes by accident happens to me all the time, too :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.