Multiplayer Idea

So, I was thinking about multiplayer in KSP, when I got this idea!

My idea was, You can join a game, you get to pick where on the planet Kerbin you want your "Space program". When you get a place you want, you choose your flag and also name your space program, like, "Mike Space Program" or something, If you are in career mode, you start out with the VAB, Tracking station, and the Research and Development Facility, you also have to earn money to gain more buildings like Mission Control, SPH, Runway, or the Astronaut Complex. (You only get 7 Kerbals when you join.) But if you are in sandbox, you get to instantly build them without any money... Plus you get to choose where you want to put the other buildings! You must place your "Space Program" on, or near the equator. You are not aloud to place your Space program right next to another person's space program, you at least have to be 5 or 10 km away from another one. You have to place your program on a flat area, or in a valley, (You cannot place your program on top of KSC2 or monoliths, or the abandoned airstrip... In the tracking station, you cant fly someone Else's rocket or plane, instead, if it is not yours, the "Fly" button is replaced with a "View" button, You are not in control of the ship, you can only move the camera, pretty much just like watching a live Youtube video. The debug menu will be controlled by the host, if they want Whack-A-Kerbal on, they can enable it and the GUI will show up for everyone. Time warp only effects you, so lets say that your friend in the computer to your right is playing KSP, and you are too, both playing on the same local server, if you time warp, time warp wont effect him, it only effects you. I'm not sure, but I think you must need the same version, and both need the same mods. Yes, You are able to sabotage someone Else's station with your rocket. If you go into map mode. You can see everybody Else's orbits and time warping all around the planets. :cool:

Hope you liked my ideas, maybe it will be in version 0.27! Lol, If you think all of this is just some random nonsense that you found on these forums. Come on, I bet you have at least, one time in your life, seen a post with this much text. :wink:

Edited by uxuser

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Separate space centers for multiplayer is intriguing.

However, I think that the easiest approach for SQUAD is for everyone to launch from the same location. This could be interpreted as each player running their independent self-contained groups, and queuing to launch from a shared site.

Separate space centers for multiplayer is intriguing.

However, I think that the easiest approach for SQUAD is for everyone to launch from the same location. This could be interpreted as each player running their independent self-contained groups, and queuing to launch from a shared site.

Like each group having to pay 'rent' to hired out the shared Launchpad for launches

Like each group having to pay 'rent' to hired out the shared Launchpad for launches

That's another interesting possibility, although it is more likely that the game will have each player's POV set such that they are the "main" group, and therefore do not need to pay rent.

EDIT: By group, I should clarify by saying that each player is represented by a "group"/department operating within the greater Kerbal Space Administration (this would be merely implied and does not involve enforcing any sort of lore on players).

Edited by sumghai

That's another interesting possibility, although it is more likely that the game will have each player's POV set such that they are the "main" group, and therefore do not need to pay rent.

EDIT: By group, I should clarify by saying that each player is represented by a "group"/department operating within the greater Kerbal Space Administration (this would be merely implied and does not involve enforcing any sort of lore on players).

I like that.

I think that people should be able to place their space program away from the equator if they want more of a challenge.

Possibly, Yeah. That could start some challenge youtube videos and twitch broadcasts.

That won't work.

So If I watch another player warping, I'll see my crafts moving with normal speed, and the warper player's crafts moving very quickly. The only problem is that multiplayer is only fun if you can destroy the other's creations, and you could avoid every attack by time warping.

Example: Your battlecruiser approaches the rival's space station, "Full fire, all weapons!!" but the other player simply warps away before his station is hit.

Also, how about buying additional space centres? You could have more.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.