Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club

Spartwo

Should carriers go first or by standard order  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should carriers go first or by standard order

• Standard order
    • First

How ironic, that also has 6 arming points. It's pretty nimble too. Not as nimble as the F-8C but it's also about twice as large and a lot faster at low altitude. I hope I can get the Voyager Labs page up later today. Still the oldest active company technically because it was a part of Arcadia Industries. Her two year anniversary is coming up next month actually :D

It's my own version of the Harpoon anti ship missile. Except for the fact I modeled it off of an anti aircraft missile with a turbine jet engine.

In modern days, we fight with these. Look at this unhappy vessel.

YVpimMZ.jpg

Edited by andrew123

Ah yes. Time to get on topic.

My vessel will include a rudimentary landing pad. No landing hook included. Just not like the last mission of just cause 2.

This little gadget fires 4500 pieces of depleted uranium per minute. And it can shoot your shells in mid flight.

REqg577.jpg

I now have an excuse to make a ciws. Or at least the best I can with the lack of moving parts.

I am. That ciws is what I decided to work on to integrate on my vessel.

hlcL4hN.jpg

jXIgr9C.png

I also made a last resort anti ship missile platform. This is actually quite old and due for an update.

Edited by andrew123

It's quite a well known fact that shells aren't affected that much by anti-missile guns, not only that but those guns are designed to point up at incoming missiles whereas a cannonball would fly almost parallel to the surface of the water. My naval ships use missiles like on my Royal Sovereign which only carries one but it has an extremely powerful impact on an enemy ship.

It's quite a well known fact that KSP is, in fact, a single player game, and the turn based nature of our combat makes anti-missile guns in KSP somewhat pointless. Unless you want to play with a multiplayer mod but that's not the focus of this thread. It might be a nice design challenge to build one, but not much use in a fight. I imagine it would need lots of SAS and maybe a balanced circular base so it can pitch up and down and rotate.

The other thing I see people posting a lot are ground or water vehicles with cruise missiles. Is ground combat exempt from the 2.5km maximum range rule?

Well since the Duna battle seems to be taking a rather long time to start, and the Kerbin battle is taking a long time between turns, I can do a surface battle with Zekes.

Sorry. :/

My next move'll be up soon, once I've got a small bit of IRL stuff out the way.

Does anyone have any atmospheric weapons that are both accurate and effective?

I do. They can kill almost anything. They're like big artillery rounds. Range is normally 1-10 KM but can be streched to 30 if you're careful. I use them on every tank I have, except light tanks.

It's most like the big 152mm HE round that the soviets used in WW2. It doesn't pen well but it messes up the tank, and for good reason (5 tons of lead smashing in on the tank). It's pretty easy to fly too, I've gotten about 80% hit rate and 50% destruction rate from my most heavily armored vehicles.

https://www./?qnt9psjst5ci57s

QOQXuff.jpg

Here's some of the damage it can do:

SI4hj7Z.jpg

IRaHsYV.jpg

K8YOIOr.jpg

Edited by zekes

Okay. Anything that's not as big as the vehicle it's mounted to?

Look at my launchers; they aren't overwhelmed by them. You get two weapons which are pretty much guaranteed a kill.

0sMa36G.jpg