The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

I'm not going to do any maths to check, but simply comparing the numbers in the tool tip, I'm pretty sure the liquid booster makes the Mainsail and Skipper obsolete. It's got way more thrust and better ISP than the Skipper with equivalent fuel tank, for only 2 more mass, and still better ISP and more thrust over the Mainsail (again with an orange tank) for the same weight.

I'm sure there might still be a use for the Skipper (probably) but unless I'm completely missing something, the Mainsail seems useless now.

Does anyone have issue using the fake windowed mode?

Game opens somewhere in the background and I can hear the menu music, but I cannot tab in, task manager sees nothing and only the process is visible (to kill).

Yes, and I struggle to get normal window mode working either. Have to run the game in FullScreen mode first. If it makes any difference I have dual monitors (on a GTX 560 Ti 448 Core with 335.23 drivers). Worked fine in 0.23.

I'm not going to do any maths to check, but simply comparing the numbers in the tool tip, I'm pretty sure the liquid booster makes the Mainsail and Skipper obsolete. It's got way more thrust and better ISP than the Skipper with equivalent fuel tank, for only 2 more mass, and still better ISP and more thrust over the Mainsail (again with an orange tank) for the same weight.

I'm sure there might still be a use for the Skipper (probably) but unless I'm completely missing something, the Mainsail seems useless now.

Well, sometimes a liquid booster might be overkill.

So I was just testing the new parts and handily sent 167 tons into orbit in a single shot with just two outside boosters and no fuel lines. I can't even begin to imagine a payload to really use that with.

well, we got these fantastic new giant parts, however, things like the new SRB are so long that the existing decouplers dont work well without a decent amount of struts. Since from what i hear the new unity update allows more contact points couda pretty please with pulverized Jeb on top give us some longer decouplers?

thanks,

Mike

well, we got these fantastic new giant parts, however, things like the new SRB are so long that the existing decouplers dont work well without a decent amount of struts. Since from what i hear the new unity update allows more contact points couda pretty please with pulverized Jeb on top give us some longer decouplers?

thanks,

Mike

What constitutes a "decent" amount of struts? I don't think they meant to make them completely redundant. That said, I would not be opposed to a larger radial decoupler.

Fixed.

It broke my career made save, Research and Development facility is locked. All parts are unlocked like sandbox mode. Hoping for a fix.

I got a 8.7mb file downloaded at 8:09pm, is this the hotfix? Because my R&D building is still locked.

Edited by Ancient_Alien

We need less struts for pretty much every other part now, so what's the problem with having a few to hold SRBs on?

nuthing.... it works. But i ask you whats wrong with having a longer decoupler so i dont have to use duct tape..errr i mean struts.. so my rockets dont look like teepees flying through the air?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.