Rusco Inc. presents BSG 75 - Released v1.0

cpt rusco

Well, this ship is awesome! little hard to control successfully... I\'ve managed to pancake into the Mun a number of times now... But who cares? its the Kerlactica for gods sake!

Now that we have a Battlestar, any plans on making a BaseStar? I\'d love to try to land a Cylon Capital ship on the Mun....after (hopefully) successfully landing on Kerbin first!

***EDIT***

Correction; Make that INSANELY hard to control. Ye gods, is it ever a pain in the ass to control outside of the atmosphere. I\'ve only managed to get myself into Munar insertion orbits a dozen times, and all of those ended up with me spinning end over end and then splintering into pieces before smashing into the Mun.

Anyone else finding the Kerlactica hard as hell to fly too?

Well, this ship is awesome! little hard to control successfully... I\'ve managed to pancake into the Mun a number of times now... But who cares? its the Kerlactica for gods sake!

Now that we have a Battlestar, any plans on making a BaseStar? I\'d love to try to land a Cylon Capital ship on the Mun....after (hopefully) successfully landing on Kerbin first!

***EDIT***

Correction; Make that INSANELY hard to control. Ye gods, is it ever a pain in the ass to control outside of the atmosphere. I\'ve only managed to get myself into Munar insertion orbits a dozen times, and all of those ended up with me spinning end over end and then splintering into pieces before smashing into the Mun.

Anyone else finding the Kerlactica hard as hell to fly too?

yeah I find it hard to fly as well. lol.

ill have to update this make it a bit easer, sorry :-[. Keep the SAS on and dont max the engins.

ill have to update this make it a bit easer, sorry :-[. Keep the SAS on and dont max the engins.

Is it bad that I\'ve done both and still managed to create a nice floating pile of space junk in orbit? Even with SAS on, when I\'m in orbit and at half thrust, its jerking up and down at least 30 degrees. I\'m fighting it the entire time, which is impressive considering the SAS is on.

Your awsome. Downloading and trying now :D

EDIT:

Landed, but not in one peace. needs rcs rockets. (and why is it so unbalanced? why is one hanger a airfoal, another rcs fule, and yet no boosters.)

keep up the good work!

EDIT:

Landed, but not in one peace. needs rcs rockets. (and why is it so unbalanced? why is one hanger a airfoal, another rcs fule, and yet no boosters.)

keep up the good work!

I\'m impressed; the most I\'ve managed to do is smash into the Mun usually going about 2Km/S; when did you splinter into pieces? During TMI or when attempting Slowdown burn?

I\'m impressed; the most I\'ve managed to do is smash into the Mun usually going about 2Km/S; when did you splinter into pieces? During TMI or when attempting Slowdown burn?

Right when I was about 10-20 meaters above the surface, I started to wobble and lost control, so I quickly put a small retro burn in, then turned to the surface.

everything fell off, but after that picture I got halfway to th dark side of the moon going bow over tea kettle :D

EDIT: Did I mention it was my first try?

oh, and I think I found out what was wrong with the stability. The engines thrust seems to be to 'high' on the craft. (meaning that instead of pushing the center of the craft, its pushing the top)

oh, and I think I found out what was wrong with the stability. The engines thrust seems to be to 'high' on the craft. (meaning that instead of pushing the center of the craft, its pushing the top)

yeah thats what I was thinking. Im playing around with that at the moment.

let me know what you change wont you, could do with a few tips.

Thanks for the feedback. I will make a v1.5. :)

EDIT:

keep up the good work!

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn\'t see that. Sorry :-[

lol, you answered my posts out of order.

have you fixed your model yet?

lol yeah thought I’d mix it up a bit.

No I haven\'t fixed it just yet, struggling to be honest. Just can’t work out why its so top heavy. Going to have to make some RCS thrusters for it I think.

very close its about 15M so not massive. Thinking about it I probably should have made it bigger. :(

Yeah I do have plans after this to make a viper and maybe a Raptor. And then maybe cylon raider. :D

The original flying-wing version of the Cylon raider, that way you can make a mod that replaces kerbals with 3 cylon centurions ;P

• 3 months later...

battlestarker.jpg

A warning though you may want to keep the SAS active. you will see why. :D

I might have a solution to your... wacky flight. one of the bays has a lift rating of 1.5 the other holds fuel. either both hold fuel or try to balance it out, same amount of weight on sides, same lift ratings on reflected parts, ect.

it looks great, falls apart too easily though.

• 3 weeks later...