[1.02] Vertical Propulsion Emporium. v0.22b (10th may 2015)

Kerb-fu

I am adding the science instruments to the capsule internals and hopefully make them interactive

---edit---

well the parts are added to IVA view but I have yet to get them to show measurements/perform experiments etc....

Edited by Kerb-fu

When I'm playing with the parts, I keep thinking of H.G. Wells and the first Men in the Moon book and movie.

Do you think it might make for a fun lander?

You would have to give it a very high crash tolerance.

CvgP9IN.jpg

ok, while I have been reducing poly count on my models and play testing, I have found that it is too easy to reach orbit with my steam rocket, anyone have any thoughts on this? :huh:

I was thinking of increasing weight, maybe dropping isp, or using more fuel to generate steam etc...

Also maybe a rework of the steam system to replace electricity, steam RCS, steam gyro's. generate steam by solar power (slowly)... Maybe fuel and nitrous oxide for burning in lamps?

anyway, back on topic, please drop some thoughts on the OP steam rocket :D

I would say that steam should be heavier. It's basically water. Or not the isp of rocket but propellant rate. The steam engine should probably also have a bit smaller power. (come on! A ROCKET engine has smaller power than steam?) Or... maybe make the generator heavier and less efficient?

I would say that steam should be heavier. It's basically water. Or not the isp of rocket but propellant rate. The steam engine should probably also have a bit smaller power. (come on! A ROCKET engine has smaller power than steam?) Or... maybe make the generator heavier and less efficient?

Good points, however I dont want to make it useless just balanced, i will probably combine a few nerfs to its component parts and see what happens :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, I was bored and started on the modular airship hull....

WAGKVSS.jpg

Huzzah, now we only need an ether propeller to propel us through the luminiferous aether and send us to Duna.

On the question of part balance, it is too easy to get into space right now, but I wouldn't worry about balancing them until you have the larger parts ready.

Edit: Are you basing your airship on Francesco Lana de Terzi?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Lana_de_Terzi

Edited by Tommygun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.