Not possible to write on GUI Elements? (0.23.5)

Hi,

so I'm trying to update a mod that writes in the speed text on the navball.

In 0.23.5, the text i intend to write is not written in navball.

I'm using this sentence (it worked fine in 0.23):

FlightUIController.fetch.speed.text = "someText";

Are GUI elements protected someway or there is any workaround/other object to use to write in the textbox in the navball?

Thanks!

Hmm. Hmm. No, no, this won't do. This isn't really about KSP's development at all. Lemme throw it over to the plugin help and support section. Pretty sure that's where it needs to be.

Hmm. Hmm. No, no, this won't do. This isn't really about KSP's development at all. Lemme throw it over to the plugin help and support section. Pretty sure that's where it needs to be.

I think that my first question (Are GUI elements protected someway) is somehow related with KSP development because it may imply that SQUAD is now (from/on 0.23.5) protecting some things (like GUI) to be not possible to mod them. I honestly don't think so because KSP has a huge modding community and protecting certain aspects of the game will be like putting restrictions to the community. But I think this could be a possibility among others that how a basic modification cannot be made as before.

Besides that, I now think this thread belogns here, because probably it will be another way to modify the text on the navball.

I suspect this is something awkward like the order in which things are being called. E.g. if 0.23 drew the navball text first and then called the mod but 0.23.5 calls the mod first and then draws the navball, then this would explain the issue you are having.

I'm not saying this is what is happening but it sounds likely to me. If so, then perhaps there is another method you could put your drawing code in that still gets called after the navball has been drawn...

Untested, but have you tried LateUpdate? That would be the logical place for something like this in my opinion
Yup, pretty much it worked fine. Thanks you all for the info!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.