Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

converting the eclss to work with tac is easy. i just cut outthe eclss converter part and replaced it with the tac sabator convertoer info. that gives a a wedge converter to use with tac.

cant wait till offical tac stuff so dont have to jurry rig stuff lol.

if im allowed i can post the .cfg for it that way people have something to use for tac for this till they get parts out

Edited by sidfu

if im allowed i can post the .cfg for it that way people have something to use for tac for this till they get parts out

If you could do the same for DangIt! I'd like to know how you've done the cfg, never tried to do that. Thanks!

I just upgraded, and it is still doing it.

We're looking into this at the moment, it appears to be an issue with the resource converter plug in.

I'll let you know when we've got a resolution for you.

Sorry for the issues, 0.24 really screwed a bunch of mods and it's taking a while to get things settled down.

We're looking into this at the moment, it appears to be an issue with the resource converter plug in.

I'll let you know when we've got a resolution for you.

Sorry for the issues, 0.24 really screwed a bunch of mods and it's taking a while to get things settled down.

no kidding, all of the new bugs for my mods have been pretty insidious.

By the way, I didn't see this anywhere else in here, so here's a .cfg file for converting the monoprop and LFO wedge slices for use with RealFuels:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f587nnpcbn2h1hs/us_core_realfuels.cfg

I estimated their volumes by making procedural stretchy tanks as close as I could. I fudged the numbers up ever so slightly because you're paying a hefty mass penalty for mounting very small tanks that way. RealFuels adjusts the tanks' masses, so there's no need to mess with it (they scale like everything else does).

I think that the combined PresMat and the combined Gravitational thingie are explored too early in career mode. They appear as soon as the first of their stock parts appears. So you get the other part way earlier than you would in stock game!

I think that the combined PresMat and the combined Gravitational thingie are explored too early in career mode. They appear as soon as the first of their stock parts appears. So you get the other part way earlier than you would in stock game!

Those sound like Dmagic science parts, you're better off posting in his thread for a fast response.

Version 0.75.4 Released

This is a minor release for the Core Pack only that adds the new Resource Converter.

Delete the existing US_Core folder and install the contents of the zip in your game data folder.

The new resource converter resolves some bugs and improves operation under high time compression.

As always let us know how you get on.

Hi, im not sure if this already on the radar, and its possible more a KAS problem again, but the EVAx Unit right now doesnt use the extra monopropellant, only the normal amount. A kerbal lost his life on minmus for this information :)

Also, after the occurence of this bug the hatch of my main craft (where the EVAx Unit was attached) was shown as "obstructed" after the quickload, so i had to restart for it to work again.

Great mod anyhow!

Yeah i noticed that too (in a similar precarious situation) - I had to transfer the EVA propellant out of the EVAx and into his suit manually. Might have something to do with the state of the propellant and the parts, like it isn't cross-feed capable or something. I dunno, i'll have a look into it soon :)

That's news to me re: the obstruction bug though, i'll see if I can replicate it on my end. Are you using the recompiles from JeffersonFlight? 32 or 64 bit build?

Edited by Daishi

Yeah i noticed that too (in a similar precarious situation) - I had to transfer the EVA propellant out of the EVAx and into his suit manually. Might have something to do with the state of the propellant and the parts, like it isn't cross-feed capable or something. I dunno, i'll have a look into it soon :)

That's news to me re: the obstruction bug though, i'll see if I can replicate it on my end. Are you using the recompiles from JeffersonFlight? 32 or 64 bit build?

Yes, i use the recompiles, everything in 32bit. I try to update everything 24/7 so it should be up to date, but it grows into a fulltime life dedication this mod-update-thingy :)

Hi guys! Just got the Storage Bag (TAC food wedge, and Interstellar LS resource wedge) in game, and it looks better than i thought it would. The next update is coming along swimmingly! #hypetrain

7Ti8m4B.jpg

Follow us on the development thread if you're interested in further progress :)

Daishi, your models are always great!

I really like the work done to bring TAC compatibility, looking forward to be able to use the complete pack. Will have to redesign ships to use US instead of standard TAC parts, sure afterwards they will look a lot better.

Is already some info available about the amount of TAC resources with any of the new wedges? Though a number of posts were exchanged about that, I seem to be missing this basic info, and can't find that even with the US site. TAC parts come in 3 sizes, that makes them pretty easy to use to get a specific amount of any resource. Up to now, I can only figure each US wedge has a specific capacity, so there is no option in case only a fraction of that capacity was needed. Are there any plans for US parts of smaller size, mass and capacity (specifically with TAC resources)?

There won't be parts of smaller size, but everything is tweakable, so you can carry less payload for shorter missions. Also a few pages back in this thead is a Tweakscale config file for US so you could resize the parts if you wanted.

As for capacities, I should have enough information now to publish that information so you can start planning. I'll see what I can get up in the next couple of days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.