Awesome quotes?

TNTGODZZ

haven\'t seen a thread for this. post your favourite quotes of all time! here are some of mine:

Phil Jupitus, QI, feet measurements: Good? vendor of shoes! How many Barleycorns am I this fine day?

Steven Fry, QI, Cheese: it is the celebration of what happens when milk goes off big time styleie.

Now its your turn!

Michio Kaku - Life\'s a bitch and then you die

Monty Python - And pray that there\'s intelligent life somewhere up in space,

\'Cause there\'s bugger all down here on Earth.

Me - I\'m going to get myself a car door so I can play with it

Dragon Ball P - Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier

Guest GroundHOG-2010

For once you have tasted flight, you should forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return.

Anonymous ones I\'ve seen:

Five out of four people have problems with fractions.

Friendship is like peeing in your pants: Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth

If the world didn\'t suck, we\'d all fall off.

It\'s only funny until someone gets hurt... Then it\'s hilarious.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I thought it was 'and there you WISH to return'.

Not according to every reference I can find on the internet and books.

Also

'We once discussed which were the cleanest troops in the trenches, taken by nationalities. We agreed on a descending-order like this: English and German Protestants; Northern Irish, Welsh and Canadians; Irish and German Catholics; Scots; Mohammedan Indians; Algerians; Portugese; Belgians; French. We put the Belgians and French there for spite; they could not have been dirtier than the Algerians and the Portugese'

-Robert Graves, in 'Good-bye to all that'

A soldier (who had just returned from the Western Front) was so disordered while he was going down the stairs into the London tube station, he became suddenly aware of the crowds of people coming up, he looked haggardly about, and evidently mistaking the hollow space below for the trenches and the ascending crowd for Germans, fixed his bayonet and charged. But for the women constable on duty at the turn of the staircase, who was quick enough to divine his trouble and hang on to him with all her strength to prevent his forward advance, he would have wounded many and caused danger and panic.

-British pioneer policewoman Mary Allen, in her autobiography

'Aeronautics was nether an industry nor a science. It was a miracle'

-Igor Sikorsky

'Ah, it is a Sopwith Camel. I always get confused between the sound of a Sopwith Camel, and the sound of a malodorous runt wasting everybody\'s time. '

- Captain Blackadder.

'Caution: Caoe does not enable user to fly.'

Batman Costume Warning Label. Walmart.

'We literally thought of and designed and flew an aeroplane in the space of about six to eight weeks. Now it takes approximately the same amount of years'

- Sir Thomas Sopwith

'Motor cut. Forced Landing. Hit cow. Cow died. Scared me.'

- Dean Smith

'It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed'

- US Air Force Manual

'Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex. It\'s eather good or its great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist; you may get away with no pain, but you just don\'t feel comfortable.'

-Thomas Quinn

• 1 year later...

So yea, what are your favorite quotes? Share them!

Here's a few to get started:

"It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

--Robert Green Ingersoll--

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

--Abraham Lincoln--

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

--Albert Einstein

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for. "

--William Shedd --

" He who knows he knows; learn from him,

He who knows he doesn'y know; teach him,

He who doesn't know he knows; awaken him,

He who doesn't know he doesn't know; run from him"

--Chinese Proverb--

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

-- Italian Proverb--

Winston Churchill has given some good quotes:

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Two of the best:

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.