Get Notepad++ and install it.

Open gamedata\nasamission\parts\size3advancedengine\part.cfg with notepad++

scroll down to the part that says:

atmosphereCurve

{

key = 0 380

key = 1 280

}

Key 1 is ISP at Kerbin sea level, Key 2 is vac ISP.

Change the values to what makes you happy.

Save.

Now do it again for the other engines you don't like.

Run KSP.

Stop complaining about balance.

(you can do this in less time than it will take you to post another complaint)

Win win!:wink:

Why should people that want balance have to do that? Parts should be balanced by default and then people could change them to get OP parts.

Basically the whole suggestions section is completely useless if you accept "change the parts/get a mod" as a solution.

I just posted a solution to everyone's problem with the new engines. You should be showering me with thanks now instead of tears, which I only freeze and make into tasty Kool-Aid treats anyway.

It takes less time to change the offensive values than it does to load the game. If you can't be arsed to make yourself happy...

To me it seems like most of the people complaining about the new parts don't play career and only focus on sandbox which is just fine but it clearly seems like Squad intends career mode to be the main game since career offers more much more gameplay features than sandbox.

My point is that it's perfectly fine not to play the career mode if you don't like it but try to understand at the same time that some features and parts are designed primarily for career mode and perhaps Squad intended those parts to be the way they are even though you might think they are overpowered in sandbox. I personally don't believe parts should or even can be completely balanced in sandbox because the whole point of sandbox is that you can instantly access every part without any costs or drawbacks.

I agree that some of the new engines probably should be higher in the tech tree and cost more science points but I don't see why their thrust and isp should be lowered. Progression in various aspects of the game including new and better parts is part of career and if we keep that in mind perhaps we can enjoy the game even more.

Dude...Before I posted that, I had never opened a part cfg before, never browsed the directories for anything. It took 5 minutes to figure it out, a google search to confirm, and then the 2 minutes to post.

You all debase yourselves with your whining. The only thing that would be easier would be a slider bar in the GUI. All your complaining is nothing but entitlement frenzy. I dismiss this vitriol and incessant handwringing with prejudice. Have a plushy chew toy, for comfort.

I think that the parts other than liquid fuel boosters could be balanced by money/tech tree, but those boosters are just too powerfull.

They are not just better than mainsail in almost everything, they allow things like 2 part ssto's.

If they want progression, it should be done by nerffing the lower tier engines, not adding new, better ones that make everything very easy once you get them.

(Eve ascent? I have not tried it with the new parts but it seems like it is now much easier)

I really do not like it that they add engines that are more powerful than many of the previous ones. I like to design my rockets as efficiently as possible. By making many of the old engines useless from the efficiency point of view, the update makes the same as if they just reduced the overal amount of engines.

There are some who think that they need a certain bar that separates them from other players, and make them the unique "snowflakes" of players. This same thing happened at .23 when RAPIERS came out many complained that it made SSTO's too easy, and the engines were "overpowered'. It will happen more and more as the game develops sadly, and the forums will have more negative posts that things are either overpowered or not as good as, in the players mind who has never developed game in their life, could be to them.

So you're saying that all the people who complain that the new parts are OP are those who want to be better than other people? I take offense to that. I believe that the new parts are vastly OP, but not because I want to be better than others. I believe that they're overpowered becuse they make other choices, such as the Mainsail, obsolete, which is the definition of overpowered - being so powerful that other features become nearly obsolete. And yet, you attribute to me a desire to be better than others? That is very offensive and prejudiced.

And this is where this thread dies, to expect new parts to never be better than old parts, and for old stuff to never be obsoleted is unrealistic, this occurs in the real world all the time.

KSP is a game, the only person preventing you from using "obsolete" parts is yourself, let other people play the game in their way.

Closing.