display kerbal EVA'ed portrait as it is when in a vessel

It would be great to have kerbals on EVA have their portrait still displayed on the lower right of the screen. Usually switching between many vessels and some kerbals makes hard to recognize what we have the control of when they're close.

Also, display an icon with the ship name the same way could be added too (optional for people who don't like the idea).

Edited by Justin Kerbice
highlight the most relevant part

I like the idea, but portraits should only be shown if the Kerbals are from the current mission and in the 2.5km range.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

The lack of Portrait is to signify them not being in the ship anymore.

Wouldn't make sense to have Jeb's portrait when he's EVA'd to the other side of the planet.

:P

Perhaps this problem could be solved with the idea above I posted.

I've been misunderstood, I didn't mean display the portait of ALL kerbals on EVA everywhere, nor even in a given radius, just the SINGLE ONE EVA'ed kerbal you control at a time. Imagine it like a single seater vessel, but without the vessel :).

Portrait can also have 2 backgrounds: one with the fellow kerbal strapped on its seat (=in vessel), the other one hewill be free to move (on EVA), like standing on his feet for ex.

The lack of Portrait is to signify them not being in the ship anymore.

I think he means the Kerbal you are currently focussed on. I totally want this. maybe when not in a ship, replace the EVA/IVA buttons with RCS/LIGHT buttons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.