custom flags how-to?

I wanted to make a custom flag now that there are decals on the rocket parts too, so I read the wiki page on flags, made one and put it in /GameData/Squad/Flags, but my flag won't appear in-game, not when starting a new save nor when choosing a flag in vab. I also tried making a flag using this generator but no luck.

What am I doing wrong, should I put the image file elsewhere or are there some particular requirements for the image file not mentioned in the wiki??

Edited by kurja

Moved to how-to, with a suggestion. Open one of the pre-made flags and immediately save it with a new name. Then edit your copy as you like. It should never leave the proper folder and should stay the same format. I've made a couple of flags this way. If it still doesn't work, then I believe you have a bug of some sort to report.

Edited by Vanamonde

Try using a jpeg file. Even though all of the others are png, jpeg still works and it's what I used for mine. Also, make sure you're selecting you flag either from the flag pole or when you make a new game. If it still doesn't appear, try a reinstall.

Try using a jpeg file. Even though all of the others are png, jpeg still works and it's what I used for mine. Also, make sure you're selecting you flag either from the flag pole or when you make a new game. If it still doesn't appear, try a reinstall.

...flag pole? what flag pole??

okay I just edited a squad-made flag file and saved it with a different name to see if it works and then launched ksp, now I'm seeing the flags I made yesterday but not the ones I just saved?? I did restart ksp yesterday but they did not show up, now they do... except for the new ones.

oh boy oh boy

I'll just mark this as solved.

...flag pole? what flag pole??

If you go to the KSC complex screen, there is a flagpole in front of the astronaut complex. Mouse carefully and select it, then you can change the flag for that savegame (instead of just for a mission).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.