Special things about planets..

MrPopcup

Hey everyone, Just had a though:

there is planets in KSP, and they Must have something to make them 'special'.

so, what planet do you think is special? why? what made you say 'wow'..? those kind of question's.. and uh, yeah, post pictures!! *P.S: you can choose moons, too!

well, I'll start first.

I love duna, I just can't resist it's beautiful colour, it's the 1st outer planet for me to visit back in .17, I was astounded!

it's really our mars 'brother', the large Ice caps, high mountains! ( which makes it special, for me, ) and what made me say wow?

back in .21 ( IIRC ) they changed the Mun, Duna and eve, also kerbin?, anyhow, Duna got a better look, more bumps, less flat areas, more mountains, and THAT mountain, god it was 7650m high!

I re-loaded the game like 6 times to get a pin-point landing near the top, ( well not really near.. but enough for me haha! )

h52NfCt.jpg

I love Duna, but I'm scared of it at the same time. It seems like the perfect place for evil aliens. Maybe I'm crazy.

I just love the Joolian system. It a treasure trove of places to explore, and having a gas giant in the sky is a beautiful sight.

I wish Duna had an Olympus Mons variant. But Moho.. something is just creepy about that lone ball of rock. In my almost two years of playing I've only ventured there once. Failed miserably. Never even contemplated going back.. until now.

I love Gilly. I love the low gravity and exploring just with the jetpack. It's got some interesting ground scatter and terrain features. Eve looks absolutely amazing in the sky, and the whole place seems to have really nice lighting due to it's proximity to the sun.

pRdLNKc.png

For some reason I'm obsessed with Moho. It's got a stark, barren beauty to it, and it's deuced hard to get to so I feel like I'm out there "on my own." I love sending big missions with ultra-long-range science rovers there, to spend months traversing the landscape gathering science without knowing for sure whether they'll get that payload home. And there's a creepy vibe to the place, I can just imagine the sound of rocks creaing and cracking at dawn and dusk as the temperature switches between ultracold to searing hot.

• 10 months later...
Kerbin. It's where I build explosive, flying death traps, and force Kerbals to get in and suffer. :D

EDIT: Ninja'd

NINJA'D ?

By almost a year!

This is the third thread today you've dug up from last April - are you on some sort of mission?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.