VTS: The Versatile Toolbox System

Nazari1382

Since FlexRack development has been abandoned, do you intend on making your own version of it?

What specific feature are you referring to? I'm not planning to do small attachment items that can be grabbed as there is no way to grab a container and not have attachments fall off of it.

Ok I use a mod called [A Mechanic is Jeb](http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71683-A-Mechanic-Is-Jeb-or-KAS-For-Almost-Everything/page5) And I downloaded your mod to use as storage, but I'm having a problem everytime I store anything into your boxes when i go to get stuff out and attach them to something the parts want attach there isn't even a menu. I can put a KAS box and even [ZZZ's](http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43840-Hab-Hub-(and-other-strange-things)) boxes beside yours and they work fine I don't understand whats going on. Ive got to figure this out I love your littler containers there great. All I did to fix zzz's containers whas to ad the

MODULE

{

name = KASModuleContainer

maxSize = 50

maxOpenDistance = 2

sndStorePath = KAS/Sounds/hookBayStore

sndOpenPath = KAS/Sounds/containerOpen

sndClosePath = KAS/Sounds/containerClose

bipWrongSndPath = KAS/Sounds/bipwrong

}

And they work perfectly. I don't know it could be module manager being updated today I'm going to keep messing with it. If someone can help hit me up.

These are pretty nifty. My only request would be to add some sort of shield or fairing around the bays, for use with FAR. As it is, you can use something like procedural fairings to cover it up, but that'll only last until you jettison them, so it's not ideal for any long missions that'll go through both space and atmosphere. Perhaps you could add a shield part that would go around the bays so that the things inside are covered but accessible via doors or something.

PROBLEM SOLVED I fixed it the above post was not the fix. Thanks for such a great mod!!

So what was the fix for your problem?

So would this mod work as a general replacement for the standard KAS boxes and racks? 'Cause I really like how these look, and am trying to run without too many duplicate function parts.

(Also, I haven't forgotten about the mother of all SRBs. That was seriously cool.)

So would this mod work as a general replacement for the standard KAS boxes and racks? 'Cause I really like how these look, and am trying to run without too many duplicate function parts.

(Also, I haven't forgotten about the mother of all SRBs. That was seriously cool.)

Yes, they have the same function as the standard containers, but also have science container modules, and of course there will be additional parts that fit this size.

I just played around with these a little bit, and I love them. They look way cooler than the regular KAS containers, and they're more functional too. :)

Awesome, more to come soon for VTS. I'm also open to any ideas if a certain part is needed, and I'm planning to give the next few parts an even more mod friendly texture.

Awesome, more to come soon for VTS. I'm also open to any ideas if a certain part is needed, and I'm planning to give the next few parts an even more mod friendly texture.

Shielded versions of the bays, pretty pretty please, for FAR players. >.>

@Nazari1382: your VTS command seat is a nice and very good looking but it has quite serious issue regarding kerbals (am I the only one to have such issues ?).

Going out of warp can make them ejected from it and also some rough movements can also do that (structural link failure ...), in one of my attempt, I even got a kerbal frozen/petrified on the ground (input lock claiming uncontrollable "vessel") using a stack decoupler. It looks like something confuse KSP badly.

Going out of warp can make them ejected from it and also some rough movements can also do that (structural link failure ...), in one of my attempt, I even got a kerbal frozen/petrified on the ground (input lock claiming uncontrollable "vessel") using a stack decoupler. It looks like something confuse KSP badly.

They really aren't meant for use with warping or on the ground, unless you are on a low gravity moon maybe. They are MMUs for moving around a ship or station in orbit. I recommend leaving them attached to the ship for a long trip, then detaching them and jumping in while the mmu is floating.

• 2 weeks later...
hmm will this include, eventually, radially attached tanks that can be used to transport fuel/monopropellant/electric charge?

Yep, soon - have been busy lately... I will be adding more models for VTS, but it will mostly be up to users to change the config to match what resources they want to use the models for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.